Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

The second to last actually. That last week Microsoft has the park booked on Thursday, so I would only be able to do Friday and Saturday. The week before I can go Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Food and Wine was a blast, it was nice to actually enjoy walking around Epcot.

Garrett L. and quietwords like this.
  2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Totally agree about SDMT- it's beautiful but so tame. My buddy said he'll never ride it again because it was 'too much' for him.... HOW?! lol

I've heard SlinkyDog is fun, though, and faster than you think. Hopefully get down there in a few years.

Am so excited for Galaxy's Edge, but will be waiting a while before attempting to go!

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Animal Kingdom is criminally underrated. It has come a real long way and is a really fun park. The Avatar rides are great, Flight of Passage is the big one, and I would personally wait near 2 hours to ride it. It’s that good. The river boat ride is worth a 30-45 minute wait mainly because you’re in the shade most of the time, but the ride itself is dull (with great theme and color). Also a big fan of the Mt. Everest coaster and the Dinosaur ride. Epcot’s F&WF is incredible as well. Epcot is far and away my favorite park. I could spend an entire week in World Showcase alone.

Brent, Garrett L. and quietwords like this.
  4. eight30

Regular

I love HHN. I think I've said it before in this thread but it is just the best. Every year we talk about going to Howl O Scream instead but we always end up at HHN. Going to get the Frequent Fear Pass this year and go as much as possible.

5. quietwords

Agreed about Animal Kingdom! My husband and I can stay there all day, even though most folks think it'a a halfday park.

FOP is probably one of the best rides I've ever been on, and I've never actually seen Avatar.
    The food in that area was pretty solid, too.

Yak and Yeti, though...so. damn. good.

Brent, Matt and Sean Murphy like this.
  6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

If I lived in FL, I would do that and definitely try to go at least one a week. It's so much fun.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol Yak & Yeti is a MUST do every time we go.

Brent likes this.
  8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, the food right outside of Avatar rides was actually pretty decent. I'm one of those people who are against animals in captivity (I'll probably never go back, I went once just for Avatar), but the things outside of that are enjoyable.

9. quietwords

For sure. AK has a lot of great food/drink options. I was just reading about Nomad Lounge and it's on my list to try next trip. Whenever that is...

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

AK has the best food and drink options aside from Epcot.

Brent and quietwords like this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

When is your birthday? Mine is in September as well and I might go to Disneyland

12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

September 29th buddyyyy

13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Woah, are you guys related?

Brent and ComedownMachine like this.
  15. CobraKidJon

at this point I might believe that

16. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I love Defunctland on Youtube and I feel like everyone here probably would too

17. CobraKidJon

I actually have brought it up in a few threads already(Astroworld album thread and general thread)

I'm just now starting to get into his podcasts and I've started the deep dive on theme park YouTube accounts.

18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

HHN in Hollywood is always so fun. I should be going again this year

I also went on Jurassic Park for the last time a couple weeks ago :’(

19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

u tryna meet up or WHAT

Garrett L. likes this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

How different is the JP ride gonna be? That ride is a Top 5 maybe top 3 all time ride for me anywhere.

21. johnnyferris Aug 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 28, 2018)
    johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Branded as Jurassic World when it eventually reopens. Let’s hope they don’t put an Indominus instead of the T-Rex at the drop.

The ride already wasn’t the same as it used to be when I rode it a couple weeks ago. The Jeep’s been sitting in the water already when you sail by. The Dino that sprays you as it comes up out of the water wasn’t working either

joe.boy.fresh. and Brent like this.
  22. CobraKidJon

hopefully no chris pratt at all during the ride that be nice

23. quietwords

I hope we see him still building his cabin in the ride.

Matt likes this.
  24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

The t rex will probably be replaced by a screen, and a random dinosaur will come at you each time

25. quietwords

Screens are taking over our theme parks!

Matt likes this.