Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Thankful Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Garrett, May 10, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

So, if any of you all are anything like me, it's pretty easy to ride negative trains of thought all day. I often find it much easier to complain about something minor over being able to be thankful for something major.

Basically, my idea for this thread is to provide a place where we just say some things we're thankful for. I considered calling this the "The Happy Thread," but I can't stand that song. I also considered #Blessed, but was trying to stay away from the potential sarcastic backlash.

This could totally flop, but I figure why not try? Especially when it's not connected to that "30 Days of Thankfulness" that is oft ridiculed and pops up in November.

skurt and ChaseTx like this.
  2. Garrett

For me, today I'm thankful for the fact that yesterday I got to read an entire book (Ready Player One) that was engaging and exciting from start to finish. I'm thankful for the fact that I get to see not one, but two of my best friends this week after not knowing when I would see them next as recently as Saturday.

skurt, ChaseTx and AelNire like this.
  3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm thankful that I was able to get off work in order to spend 3 days with my sister in Atlanta.

skurt, ChaseTx and Garrett L. like this.
  4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Thankful for my dog even though she's ignoring me right now.

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Thankful for my hearing right now

skurt, AelNire and Garrett L. like this.
  6. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Thankful for a lot more than I give credit for.

Thankful that I have a bunch of packages to ship to people I don't even know who preordered my bands record.

Thankful I was even able to finish the record and release it on time.

Thankful that the debilitating depression and anxiety I'm used to has decided to take a step back today which is rare. It's allowing me to spend time with friends and post on this site without getting anxious and deleting my posts haha

Thankful that I get to go to work and enjoy being there, which most of my friends can't say.

Also like my mom is the best mom that's probably ever existed so I'm thankful for that too.

Good day for this thread for me.

skurt, TheWater(s), 8123 and 4 others like this.
  7. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

Thankful my dad is an attorney who is handling a feud with my old apartment complex for me. Also he's doing my name change for me, and paid the fees for me. :heart:

skurt and Garrett L. like this.
  8. 8123

Thankful for college financial aid.

Thankful that it's sunny today in my town that is never sunny.

Thankful for hilarious coworkers.

And as always, thankful for music.

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I'm thankful for my job and the fact my bosses still believe in me despite the fact I'm still struggling with my certain job in our department.

10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm thankful for my family otherwise I'd me homeless and living under a bridge right now.

11. Garrett

I'm thankful for coffee, hot showers, and lazy mornings watching tennis.

Also thankful that I have the time and ability to drop everything and go help my best friend move when everyone else in his life flaked out.

skurt likes this.
  12. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

I'm thankful for my husband who allowed me to be a housewife for nine months, without too much nagging.

I'm thankful I have just been offered a part time job so I can ease myself back into working life.

I'm thankful that my health at the moment is good. Still in remission with my UC and my anxiety is lots better.

:heart:

Garrett L. and skurt like this.
  13. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I'm thankful for my friends and family who have been an awesome support system to me this year in my journey to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle all around.

I'm thankful for the community at chorus.fm where I can go to discuss mutual interests with people and get updates on my favorites bands/music.shows.

Garrett L. and Firefly like this.
  14. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

This thread is awesome. I'm thankful for my wonderful wife and the fact that we've been fortunate enough to buy a home this year.

15. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I'm thankful that I found a field I love working in after graduating from college with a degree in something I no longer wanted to pursue, and that I have been on a consistently upward path in that career since.

I'm thankful that I've been able to build a close circle of friends despite all my quirks and hangups.

I'm thankful that I'm financially stable enough to have paid off my student loans in half the normal time and that I am able to keep my bills paid and food on the table.

I'm thankful to be married to the woman of my dreams and that we share the same goals and dreams. (She also laughs at my dad jokes. Score!)

I'm thankful for my health and that I don't have any debilitating diseases, mental illnesses, or injuries that prevent me from doing what I love.

I'm thankful for having some of the most loving, selfless, supportive parents and family I could have ever asked for.

I'm thankful for my nephew, who brings me smiles and joy and makes me less nervous around small children.

I'm thankful for music, which has been my salvation for years.

16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm thankful for being able to have chorus as an outlet. I like being able to share things I'm not comfortable expressing IRL and then getting intelligent feedback.

17. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Amen.

18. Going back to the first post in this treat, ya I totally hate the word "blessed" many years ago a friend used that on me and I was furious she was all "blah blah blah you're blessed blah blah blah" whatever else she said and how false her statement was. Just because we had known each other since we were 5 and I moved away doesn't mean she knows my life, she's always had so much more and if she even knew the burdens and hardships I encountered she'd shut her mouth.

Anyhow.... I guess I'm thankful that my dad hasn't kicked me out the house yet

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm feeling sentimental. I love each and every one of you. I can never say how thankful I am for what some of the users here have done for me. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable if they want to stay anonymous but you know who you are! You have helped me in ways you'll never know. I say it all the time but y'all have made such a solid impact on my life and I'm thankful everyday.

20. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I'm thankful that @AelNire keeps me informed on important issues via her Twitter account.

Garrett L. and AelNire like this.
  21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I thankful that for all the bad that it's in my life right now, I have a support system of friends and family who got my back. Super grateful for that.

Garrett L. likes this.
  22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My dad. I really lucked out to have the best dad. Today we went to see the Conjuring 2 and he paid for my ticket and drink and I was so touched lol. I did ask him at the end of the movie if he'd stick around if I was possessed and he didn't answer so idk how mutual the feeling is tho!! But we have this relationship where we don't really have to speak, our similarities just speak for themselves. When I was young and depressed and in a horrible place he opened up to me and was the only one who got it. idek if I'd be alive without him doing that tbh. He's like one person I know I can count on. He never holds things over my head or expects things in return. Like I always wanna show him my appreciation but nothing will do it justice.

AelNire and Garrett L. like this.
  23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm thankful for my wife, our dog, my parents, our new house, my job. Basically all the typical stuff that people are thankful for, but it's nice to take a moment and reflect once in a while and realize how much I have that I usually take for granted.

AelNire and Garrett L. like this.
  24. Garrett

I'm thankful for live music. Getting to see Ellie and Thrice in the same week has been such a vital fresh breath of air.

AelNire likes this.
  25. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'm thankful for my friends here. I constantly try to over compensate for my life and when anything goes wrong I try to laugh about it and make some joke about it to keep myself from feeling miserable, since I have no one to vent to and be close with. My biggest fear is that someday I won't have anyone to laugh with. So I'm glad I can always laugh with you.

ChiliTacos, AelNire and Garrett L. like this.