Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Terror (AMC) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dave Diddy, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

The Terror debuts March 26th on AMC. The show is based on Dan Simmons' 2007 novel of the same name and is produced by Ridley Scott.

"Inspired by a true story, The Terror centers on the Royal Navy’s perilous voyage into unchartered territory as the crew attempts to discover the Northwest Passage. Faced with treacherous conditions, limited resources, dwindling hope and fear of the unknown, the crew is pushed to the brink of extinction. Frozen, isolated and stuck at the end of the earth, The Terror highlights all that can go wrong when a group of men, desperate to survive, struggle not only with the elements, but with each other."

2. I’m gonna check it out

3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

One of my favorite books.

4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Love Ciaran Hinds, I'm in.

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

7. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

First two episodes are excellent

Larry David and Night Channels like this.
  8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

First two were fantastic. Genuinely unsettling, creepy vibe throughout the entirety of the episodes. Well acted, very excited to see the rest of the season.

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Loving the positive reactions to this; everybody should read the real history of the expedition, fascinating stuff

Larry David likes this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Larry David likes this.
  11. Had to watch the finale for The Alienist, so I missed the premiere. Excited to catch up, though. Been hearing it's real good.

12. flask

Trusted Supporter

Dang I bought and read the book years ago when they announced AMC bought the rights. Had no idea the show premiered last week. Gonna find it on demand. The book is extremely unsettling so I’m excited to watch this.

13. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Enjoying it

14. flask

Trusted Supporter

This is really really REALLY good. I'm also surprised how wonderful the soundtrack is.

Ferrari333SP and Vivatoto like this.
  15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Through episode 5; sooooo good.

16. All caught up now to ep3. This show is good so far.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

wait what? aren't we on episode 3?

Larry David likes this.
  18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

4 and 5 somehow made it online, and I believe you can watch the entire season on AMC's website, their premium pass or whatever it is

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Through episode 7; man, it really starts to get creepy and weird by this one. And still three more to go, haha

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Starts to get creepy?! This started creepy, does it really get even more creepy? I'm intrigued!

21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Oh yeah, even more than the initial set of episodes. In the later episodes the lead poisoning from the tin cans starts to effect the crew more, which leads to some strange happenings

Larry David likes this.
  22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Did not expect that thing in ep3 haha

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Just got through episode 10; fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I found this creepier/more gross than watching the Walking Dead. It's kind of like watching or reading the story The Road, where after watching you just sigh and feel terrible, not sure what to think of the world. Guuhhhh

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I am bummed I can't watch this all now. I feel like this show works better if you're binging it

25. GBlades

Trusted

There are ways.... It's not on the UK yet so y'know