Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 88

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

looks like it comes from this interview

jkauf and Colby Searcy like this.
  2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Got my elbow ditch tattooed yesterday. Up there with the upper thigh in terms of pain/uncomfortableness for me. Arm is nice and stiff today.

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

What’d you get? Any pics?

4. Michael Schmidt

Attached Files:

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Fucking gorgeous, love it.

Yeah, the ditch isn’t the best, but the elbow itself still takes the cake for me when it comes to the arm.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  6. Michael Schmidt

I haven’t done either of my elbows. Not really sure what to do with them tbh.

John Lopiano likes this.
  7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I hate giving blood so both times I was tattooed in my ditch I almost passed out.

Michael Schmidt and jkauf like this.
  8. Michael Schmidt

I felt good overall bc the guy next to me was getting the outside of his arm done and asked for breaks and for the shop owner to not dig in as much lol

jkauf and imthesheriff like this.
  9. imthegrimace

both times it was my favorite tattoo artist and he walked down the street to get me a candy bar to get my blood sugar up lol. Great dude.

jkauf likes this.
  10. Michael Schmidt

That’s pretty cool! Very thoughtful of them to do that. I’m lucky enough to be able to “sit and take it” in terms of how my body reacts to tattoos. For me, the sweet spot is 1.5-2 hours sitting. After all my times getting tattooed, I don’t want to sit longer than that. No shade to people that do long sessions, it’s just not for me.

imthesheriff likes this.
  11. imthegrimace

yeah after 3 hours my body is like fuck this I’m done let’s get outta here lol

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  12. Michael Schmidt

And honestly, if you are going to a reputable traditional artist, no reason to not get out of there in that timeframe, unless it’s a back or chest piece that you are working on.

imthesheriff likes this.
  13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Don’t think I shared this story before - during one of my sessions my artist said that he once had a guy fly in from New York (to Wisconsin) and he and another artist did the guys entire back. Said they did it all in one 15-18ish hour session and the very next day the guy flew back to New York.

So many absolutely insane things that make me wince while remembering hearing that story lol

Longest I can tolerate is 2 hours, don’t know how people can sit for anything longer that, I don’t have the patience or pain tolerance after that much time.

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I’ll sit for four hours and then I’m usually done, especially with the dry wipes by that point.

imthesheriff likes this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

16. Damn, the features on that look good as hell

Helloelloallo and jkauf like this.
  17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Kind of obsessed with how the flowers turned out when I was unsure of his idea, happy accidents are the best.

Helloelloallo and Aaron Mook like this.
  18. The nose in particular is excellent

jkauf likes this.
  19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Spur of the moment walk-in flash yesterday

A41F5060-95B6-41DD-8FD9-96346A05ACD7.jpeg

20. Also got some new flash today:

Screenshot_20230311-224120.png

21. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

The back of my arm like near my armpit was the worst pain for me. It crept up on me too.

Same. I was just thinking about it yesterday because I want to fill in gaps in my lower arm and the elbow is just bugging me because I don't know what to do.

imthesheriff and Michael Schmidt like this.
  22. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

My artist I used when I went to Austin told me that's what he did. He went to an artist in New York and flew back and forth between back sessions and I just couldn't imagine sitting on a flight from Austin to New York and back with a fresh tattoo. This is the tattoo he got:

23. Michael Schmidt

Yeah, spider webs are cool but it’s kind of the go-to and I don’t really have the room for a good one. Same with a spider. I will probably end up not doing anything with them until something presents itself that makes sense. No need to force it.

John Lopiano likes this.
  24. imthegrimace

I follow this dude! He’s so good

John Lopiano likes this.
  25. That full back is crazy.

coleslawed, John Lopiano and jkauf like this.