Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 87

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Philll

Trusted

I've long been tempted to get a pokemon, but never settled on an idea. Most days I lean towards an Oddish, but I also like the thought of vulpix or squirtle.

Iago likes this.
  2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Squirtle would be sick

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. MegT585

Trusted

3B197824-3AD4-4418-8849-D2DFE58B562B.jpeg
    super dark bc it was just finished and needs to heal but I got Kirby and 2 waddle dees for my 2 boys (we love playing switch together and Kirby is our go to game always )

Colby Searcy, LWS, Crisp X and 10 others like this.
  4. Iago

forbidden chalice.

oh my god LOOK AT THEM!!!

MegT585 likes this.
  5. I love this so much

MegT585 likes this.
  6. Philll

Trusted

Wonderful

7. Drewski Nov 21, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2022)
    Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Waiting for better professional photos from the artist, but got The Little Bastard tattooed a few weeks ago! Here's a bonus picture of me with my Little Bastard shirt in 2003 for tax.

Around 13 hours in a single session. Done by Johan Castillo during a guest stint at InkNation in NYC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Definitely had this shirt too, awesome.

Drewski likes this.
  9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Still gotta get some good pics of my arm that we basically finished the other month, but I’ll save that for after some touch-ups I want done. Started this yesterday, though.

C6D84F55-E466-4FC5-AFA5-5213D6FB0EFE.jpeg

10. Chhow Nov 29, 2022
    (Last edited: Feb 27, 2023)
    Chhow

I got a tattoo when I was young that I used to want to remove. Now it reminds me that I was in my youth. No one sees it except me and the person who can see me without clothes. I thought several times about how to continue decorating my body, but I still can’t choose a sketch..

Helloelloallo likes this.
  11. Helloelloallo Dec 5, 2022
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2022)
    Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

My latest. Got it on Friday, coincidently right before the trailer dropped (let's go!) but here is my the last of us inspired tattoo. It's a loose interpretation of Ellie's moth tattoo and her switch blade. I gave my artist some references, and then let them do the composition and then we worked on the colors together. It's super fresh and bold and will fade when it settles in, but extremely happy with it. I hope others will get the vibe of the world and I didn't deviate too much from the source but either way, it was conscious to do that way to get an original piece.

TLOU Tat 1.jpeg TLOU Tat 2.jpeg

12. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

That looks really great, i’m trying to find an artist to work on a cover up for me that I want to turn into an Ellie moth switchblade tattoo.

Helloelloallo likes this.
  13. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

October 26th was one year since my mom passed away. The whole family decided to spend the day at my buddy’s shop and we all got tattoos. Super cathartic and my artist is the absolute best. He did seven tattoos to honor my mom. I went with a swallow. I just like the classic look of it and I chose it because my mom was a bird lover… before she got sick, she always said she couldn’t wait to retire and go bird watching down south. My sisters got different variations of her favorite flowers and one of them got a constellation. My aunt and my cousins got Celtic knots.

I know when I got my first few I joked in here about being obsessed, but it’s become so much more to me than that… I never had an outlet to express myself this way before and I know it’s corny but after I get one, I feel like it’s another chapter of my story or something like that. I’ve come to appreciate the craft and the art so much.

Attached Files:

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

7D08C8C0-3E79-42DC-8E90-DD60A9868368.jpeg 2E4276C1-4BCD-4401-9B04-11E2A065AC56.jpeg

15. SuddenUrgeJoey

queer as fuck. Supporter

Deftones' White Pony is my favorite album--I got this'n put on me last year

215811896_4053176904736474_1143744843496715577_n.jpg

16. Love it

SuddenUrgeJoey likes this.
  17. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Got this guy on Thursday. Filled the awkward gap that was left on my arm.

C118BC77-9980-414D-B576-486C15D80F39.jpeg

18. Philll

Trusted

That's so great, love it

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Started a new one today

63864D4D-F431-42FD-93F5-6FA080759871.jpeg

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Anyone ever heard of an artist “reinvigorating” an old tattoo they didn’t do? Not quite a cover-up, but taking their own spin on it? I have a half sleeve I got done last year that I do love, but the finished product was a bit different than what was drawn, not as cohesive stylistically as I expected, and compared to the rest of the artist’s portfolio just feels a bit undercooked. Not sure I trust them to “fix” it or to do the rest of my arm and while it needs a touch up, I’m a bit worried they might make subtle changes like they did the first time lol

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

He only posted it on his IG story, but my artist recently did just that. Wish I could show it but it’s not unheard of.

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

That’s relieving to hear. I would still go to the same person, they really did a fantastic job on most of it, but I get jealous seeing better designs. Feels like more prominent/in-demand artists are hard to access though outside of booking periods, and even then may not do more than accept or decline a design. I’ll have to search around.

jkauf likes this.
  23. razorburn

Trusted

Reworks are very common.

disambigujason likes this.
  24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

just heard on a podcast that Dave Bautista tells people he only has three tattoos because everything is connected with his.

love that.