Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 86

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Goddamn. I love bright colors in tattoos although there’s always a risk of it fading super quick

2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

My oldest from him is only 9 months old but it hasn’t faded at all. I know some people that got some from him 5 years ago and still look amazing.

GrantCloud and marsupial jones like this.
  3. marsupial jones

Definitely not a shot at the artist! More so I’ve always thought how people take care of them and their skin tone / sun exposure and whatnot could interfere with the color lasting (but maybe I’m wrong there too, that’s just what I’ve heard from several artists when talking bright colors)

imthesheriff likes this.
  4. marsupial jones

Like, I’m a Ginger and I have a half sleeve in a lot of bright colors and I run outside year round and of course in summer and any day above 50 I run in a tank top so even with sunscreen applied I know mine are gonna fade and need touch ups constantly lol

5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I definitely overuse sunscreen because I don’t want my tattoos to get fucked up. My friend has a full sleeve and the bottom half is so much darker and faded from getting sun all summer long. I want to protect my investments!

6. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

I need to set something up with him. I wanna do a Pittsburgh day trip soon anyways.

imthesheriff and Aaron Mook like this.
  7. Oh shittttt forget you were up that way. I should look into it too.

imthesheriff likes this.
  8. IMG_20221009_202934.jpg

9. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

love it

looks great

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. Thank you! Matching bachelor party tat with my college roommate. Just wanted to pick some spooky flash design off the wall. I love it. This pic was right after getting it.

angrycandy likes this.
  11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Got a few new tattoos in the family. This is my wifes LOTR tattoo on her forearm. It's super fresh (a few days old) and not the best pic (a lot of fine detail and some color that's not showing) but it's a super dope tattoo that I love looking at, and now I want to stop being a chicken shit and catch up with more visible tattoos. I'm actually going to go to her artist and get something as I love it so much.
    . 20221015_161046.jpg
    I just got this one about 5 weeks ago and it's a piece of steam punk technology from the books of Babel series by Josiah Bancroft. The author actually drew this sketch and then I had a tattoo artist tweak it a bit. I'm going to ask my wife's artist to do something on the other side of this leg (Ellie's tattoo from TLOU but with some twists and tweaks and additions).
    20220930_093513.jpg

Philll, Crisp X, Fletchaaa and 4 others like this.
  13. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Those are incredible.

14. Helloelloallo Oct 18, 2022
    (Last edited: Oct 18, 2022)
    Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

VERY different styles, but we are both happy so thank you. I'm jealous of hers, as it's so visible and bold and recognizable to fans that she's barely had it 72 hours and had so many strangers comment that they love it. I don't think my work would care at this point about tattoos, but all of mine are covered by work attire and even with a t shirt, barely show. I don't ever wear shorts to work so my legs are my starting point to go crazy a little bit.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  15. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

First tattoo in the books

39387230-1B55-455B-B2B0-EE857856ED1F.jpeg

16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

That's super rad

17. Smittzerland

Thanks! The shop I go to was doing a Halloween flash sale, and this one just hit home. Going through my artist's portfolio, probably going to get my Circa tattoo done there after the holidays

18. Philll

Trusted

What are you getting for your circa tat?

19. Smittzerland

I'm planning on doing a bouquet of violets with the line "move one inch at a time, and you'll be just fine" from The Only DIfference. I have Crohn's disease, and want something to represent my support system who've always had my back when times were hard

jkauf, Philll and Aaron Mook like this.
  20. Philll

Trusted

That sounds fucking beautiful

Smittzerland likes this.
  21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Been wanting to get a crohns tattoo and it’s always hard to come up with something, that’s perfect - can’t wait to see it.

Smittzerland likes this.
  22. Smittzerland

Thanks y’all! Very excited to getting concepts mocked up and hopefully it gets done in the new year

Philll likes this.
  23. Philll

Trusted

Def report back here when it's done!

Smittzerland likes this.
  24. Smittzerland

Will do

Philll likes this.
  25. Iago

forbidden chalice.

i got this done for my birthday last month! this was taken while it was still healing, and i havent taken another since as it’s impossible to get a good shot on my own due to its placement lol. but yeah! love this lil guy

0A55C392-D502-4F23-92F0-177265A1DB7E.jpeg