Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 84

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Damn. I’m already immunocompromised so I am definitely more than a little concerned. Was your COVID case severe or just pretty mild? I’m sorry for a million questions.

2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

it was more on the mild end. I hope it heals nice for you. Fuck Covid.

Drewski likes this.
  3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

load up on vitamins, stay hydrated, eat lots of soup

Drewski likes this.
  4. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I was going to say maybe take some vitamins and stay hydrated more than you normally would. When I had COVID, I was drinking like 108 ounces of water a day lol I just had a 36 ounce Yeti that I was drinking and refilling.

Drewski likes this.
  5. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Got both my forearms done on Friday! Both by Andrew Stortz in Portsmouth, NH

44DB755B-5F02-4A61-B85D-5FEFFD337F9A.jpeg

6. imthegrimace

Love em!

mattav152 likes this.
  7. mattav152

thank you! I feel so good having my arms a bit more filled in now.

imthesheriff likes this.
  8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

those are sick!

mattav152 likes this.
  9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

7DA3B7DF-F7E4-4998-958A-7A1185CD21ED.jpeg
    bang

11. imthegrimace

Hell yeah I love KISS

phaynes12 and Joe4th like this.
  12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

My gf got this yesterday

Attached Files:

imthesheriff likes this.
  13. imthegrimace

Hell yeah love heathcliff

phaynes12 and coleslawed like this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

you dumb mf

imthesheriff likes this.
  15. Philll

Trusted

So I'm getting a tattoo on my inner wrist next week - I've taken up lifting weights in the past few months, am I OK to keep that up while the tattoo heals or is that a no no?

16. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

Finished up this one today and I love how it came out, the details are so crazy. I also love how she incorporated the butterfly tattoo I already had to make it flow nicely.

The inspiration for this was the Macbeth quote, “look like the innocent flower but be the serpent under it.” I always loved that quote. I told her about it and she ran with it.

Attached Files:

17. mattav152

Getting a fox started on my whole calf today!

18. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I’ve been trying to decide on the style and colors of a Fox tattoo for about a decade now.

19. mattav152

It took me a few years to find a person I thought I could trust to do one on me and he hit it out of the park for me. I was most worried it wouldn’t look traditional like the rest of my stuff but it fits in great. Here’s the finished piece:

20. imthegrimace

Yes please

mattav152 likes this.
  21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

oh yeah, that slaps

mattav152 likes this.
  22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I’m not a huge fan of traditional but that is awesome, great work and love the placement

mattav152 likes this.
  23. mattav152

Probably my last tattoo I get this year, done by Joe Mallard in Salem, MA:

24. PopPunkSucks

I know this was months ago (I’m just reading through the thread today), but I got my knee done recently. It’s not the best, it’s not the worst. I was expecting my soul to leave my body while getting tattooed based on what I’d read, but it wasn’t AS BAD I was expecting. I found that the soft part on my lower thigh/inside knee and the part directly under my knee cap hurt the most. I got mine done in one long session, but I think it’s pretty common for folks to split it into two (depending on your pain tolerance and how heavy handed your artist is.) It swells up pretty substantially and it’s hard to do stairs (and also walk) for a couple days because it hurts and also you can’t really bend it after. I healed mine with tegaderm which I think made the healing process more comfortable than if I hadn’t. Hopefully that doesn’t deter you because I think it was 1000% worth it.

colorlesscliche likes this.
  25. mattav152

I'll probably avoid my knees/elbows till I have no other space on my limbs.

On another note I started using tegaderm/saniderm on my last couple and wish my artists had pushed me to use it sooner. 3-4 days on, then aquaphor for a few more days, then moisturizer for a week after that. No scabbing and just a fine layer of inky skin slowly flakes off once the saniderm is off. Soooo much easier than the regular healing process.