Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 82

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Maybe, if they're bbq'd heavily. No way to know for sure.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Most painful I've had was the stomach. Especially right above the belly button and the sternum. According to my brother the qorst spots are the tailbone and anything close to your eyes.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

My worst was probably my feet. Other than that it’s just all over my arms and legs and none of those were too bad.

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone do their knees? My leg is covered from ankle to knee and I want to go higher, but dreading the knee.

6. Colby Searcy

I've heard the back of the knee is brutal

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It really is, I have something on my upper calf and the bottom part of the back of my knee and it suckkkkeddd.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I got three medium butterflies today and asked each of my three sisters to pick the type of butterfly design that they think represents them. They came up with some cool designs. I had my artist pick placement since I wasn’t sure what to do. He positioned them so it looks like they’re flying up my arm which I love and left room so I can get three more main pieces on the arm before I get any filler stuff. It’s crazy how the first one you get just starts an addiction. I already have the appointment booked in LA and I’ll be back with my guy in April for my birthday.

Attached Files:

9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Got some super small work done, all black, and it was only $40 so I gave a $20 tip. Next appointment is 2/9 to start work redoing/finishing my half sleeve. Going to do it in two hour shifts so I can just say I’m taking a two hour lunch for each appointment lol

John Lopiano and imthesheriff like this.
  10. John Lopiano

There are two artists I absolutely love that I've been waiting for their books to open. One of them opened her books this week and I managed to get an appointment with for April for my birthday and I'm stoked.

https://www.instagram.com/hiralupe_tattoo/

imthesheriff likes this.
  11. marsupial jones

got some work done on my half sleeve but now have a dilemma as the artist i've gone to for all my work (and what he's working on now is not yet complete) totally went off the rails today and started ranting about how stupid black lives matter is and how "people from other countries don't get to make fun of Trump because they don't live here" and how he doesn't give a shit what anyone's personal thoughts are on things and people sharing that is ruining his good vibes with their music / comedy / sports / whatever.

and all i could think is, that's exactly what you're doing right now! i don't give a shit about your political beliefs. i'm here to get a goddamn tattoo, not hear how much you hate Biden or whatever. but now i know these beliefs because you randomly started howling about it!

so now i gotta decide if i want to stay with him and have him finish this piece and THEN take my business elsewhere or just go elsewhere and see if anyone else is comfortable finishing it.

12. imthegrimace

As much as it sucks id just finish with him and maybe don’t tip him your last visit lol.

coleslawed and marsupial jones like this.
  13. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Just tip him with a donation in his name to a nice liberal charity lol. But yeah I'd just finish with them.

14. imthegrimace

A lot of artist won’t finish other people’s work but it could also look bad if they have a completely different way they tattoo.

marsupial jones likes this.
  15. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I’d find a new guy, yikes

16. John Lopiano

For the sake of your tattoo I would just finish with him for consistency and then just peace out lol but that’s just me, do what your heart tells you.

17. marsupial jones

Thanks everyone. I’ll finish the piece with this guy since it should be one final two hour session so it’s not like 20 more hours with him.

out of curiosity what is the longest session everyone has had? I max out at 2 hours. I had a 2 hour session today and by then I’m so sore and kind of bored

John Lopiano likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

I've had 2 sessions that were 4+ hours

19. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I had a 5 hour session on my inner arm bicep area, don't recommend lol. It was after I got my new job so I was worried about taking time off again so soon. I didn't think it would take that long.

Philll likes this.
  20. Super stoked on these. The way the artist managed to do the shading on the forearm one absolutely blows my mind.

0D218AEA-4A73-48DC-A02B-DF2FFB202CFE.jpeg 30C901FE-11F5-46DC-A2A1-0876247ACC94.jpeg

Helloelloallo, duffe, Philll and 5 others like this.
  21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

LWS likes this.
  22. This is something I've been stressing over. Have a session booked for my first colour tattoo in a few weeks here after a decade+ out of the chair. Last one I got was above my knee and I hadn't considered how it would look with my leg extended/bent. Huge oversight on my part.

John Lopiano likes this.
  23. Just got a July date booked for my first tattoo. The artist said it could be done in an afternoon but there was a slight probability that a second date would have to be added in case she needs more time to properly finish it. So... now that I'm reading the couple posts above, I'm suddenly getting a bit nervous lol

Fletchaaa likes this.
  24. Philll

Trusted

Longest I've had done was 3 hours in that same area, and I was so ready for that to be over by the end. Can't imagine going for another 2 hours.

25. MattNCheeze Feb 14, 2022
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2022)
    MattNCheeze

Trusted

going to get a ship in water on my inner arm in March that goes from the wrist to the ditch which will fill up my arm about 95%.

Attached Files: