Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 73

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

2. username

hey you lil piss baby

Would consider looking into tegaderm/saniderm/tatu-derm. I’ve used it to heal all my tattoos over the last year or so. They heal better (in my experience) and the stress of keeping clean is pretty much null. There’s lots of different methods if you go digging around online. I think I posted my healing process in here once.

3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

My artist’s books just opened and I got slotted into his upcoming round. Torn between if I should go through with it or wait until COVID is done. I know the shop has legit procedures in place and I’m really itching for another one, but maybe it’s not the wisest decision.

5. flask

Trusted Supporter

I got tattooed a few weeks ago. Everyone in the shop was wearing a mask and they were limiting the amount of people in there. No bringing friends etc. Honestly I was comfortable with it and they’re usually on top of sanitation anyways.

billyboatman and jkauf like this.
  6. flask

Trusted Supporter

This was also before California’s major spike tho. I think I’d still go.

jkauf likes this.
  7. mad

I was right. Prestigious

attempt #2 at getting boygenius tattoo has been made. fingers crossed that this artist is into it :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Booked for 10/1 and 10/29, gonna take forever to get here and then COVID will delay it somehow I’m sure haha

9. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Got the hops tattoo

Attached Files:

10. razorburn

Trusted

Two new pieces on my leg:

Henry, coleslawed, eight30 and 7 others like this.
  11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

email has been sent to set up an appointment :teethsmile:

billyboatman and Fletchaaa like this.
  12. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Changed my appointment from August 23rd to October 3rd. Didn't have any ideas.. But now I do. For sure gonna blast my right hand.. I'm sorry mom.

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

Been dying to get back in. I was trying to work out something to see one or two artists that work about an hour away but haven't been able to manage it (definitely not about public transport right now). Thinking about hitting up one of my local artists to do a take on the Sailor Jerry octopus though.

billyboatman likes this.
  14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

2 somewhat related questions:

I started a half sleeve over the winter a little while ago my artist posted on ig that she was resuming makeup appointments cancelled from covid. 3 emails and 2 texts over the past month or 2 later and she has yet to respond to me. Think I should go to the parlor and see what’s up? That feels antagonistic but idk what else to do.

the black/gray work that did get done had significant fading when healing and looks older than a small 2 year old one I have. Is it normal to need quite a bit of touching up? Feels like she’ll have to go over everything again.

15. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I always notice little areas on my tattoos. I just have my artist touch them up. I’ve probably had all of mine done over twice. Two full sleeves and several others.

disambigujason likes this.
  16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

did you have another appointment already scheduled? most artists I follow are pretty backed up just with reschedules.

billyboatman and disambigujason like this.
  17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I did, and I’m certainly not rushing, but the lack of communication was concerning.

billyboatman and coleslawed like this.
  18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

appointment booked for the 26th :-):-):-):-):-)

19. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

65403A49-BB01-4CCF-8141-EEECC0521BED.jpeg

I feel alive again.

20. Finally got this done last week!

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

sean_rugy and LWS like this.
  22. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Told my mom I'm getting the top of my hand done. Idk why since I have two full sleeves and a bunch of other tattoos. She wasn't happy haha.

Edit: Mind you I'm a 31 year old adult. Who's been getting tattoos since I was 19, but I just feel like I owe it to her to not surprise her with another one. She's too catholic for that haha.

23. Philll

Trusted

I'm getting the itch again... not entirely sure what I want next though.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ink Master got cancelled. End of an era.

imthesheriff likes this.
  25. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Thats a massive bummer