Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 72

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

This is one from my left arm. Right in the ditch, probably one of my favorites. I like the way we had the ship coming from behind the lighthouse in the clouds

IMG_0094.JPG

coleslawed, mad and imthesheriff like this.
  2. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Just do an awesome blast over. I plan on doing one or two at some point. I love the way those look. Especially if you can see the color pop through.

3. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

I *think* I have finally settled on a tattoo, after like 15 years of thinking lmao

4. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Decided I'm going to get a hops tattoo since I like hoppy beers. I'm thinking inner arm I just need to book it, waiting to hear back from someone. I'm pretty excited it's been a while since I got one.

JeanRalphio and billyboatman like this.
  5. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Set myself an appointment for end of August. Haven't really thought about what I'm gonna get besides wanting to blast the top of my right hand.. Haven't decided if that's a go tho.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

newest addition

F8AA6EB7-705C-4485-87E2-323823D243FA.jpeg

neo506, Colby Searcy, Mayra and 7 others like this.
  7. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

How’s the thigh feel? I always told myself I’d stop after two sleeves, but now I’m itching to get my legs done too.

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

It hurts.

billyboatman and coleslawed like this.
  9. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

My old roommate has an in-progress thigh sleeve. He had been going every 6 months or so to get it worked on, until a few years ago when he got the back of his thigh done. He came home limping and hasn't been back since lol

billyboatman likes this.
  10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I wanna get from my knee down at some point but am terrified lol

billyboatman likes this.
  11. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

That knee is gonna be a killer.

jkauf likes this.
  12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

yeah, thigh is real tender.
    different kind of pain than something over a bone, though. my shin was probably my most “pleasant” experience.

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Good to know, but ankle has to be brutal.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

elbow and top of foot.

15. mad Jun 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 27, 2020)
    mad

I was right. Prestigious

Sent an email to my desired artist for the boygenius tat, fingers crossed that she’s down for it!
    Gonna be obsessively refreshing my inbox all day lol

16. imthegrimace

Elbow, knee and feet are the worst.

17. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Try the ribs

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

lol so I just noticed a post on her instagram about how it may take up to two weeks for responses for new appointments... guess I should stop staring at my inbox

Joe4th, waking season and coleslawed like this.
  19. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Ribs weren’t bad for me.

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

advice needed!!

I have been emailing with the shop manager of the artist I was hoping to do my next tattoo. the design I want is based off the artist's flash but with some details added/changed.
    I just got an email from the shop manager saying that the artist I want is getting really booked up so she's only choosing certain pieces, and recommended me another nearby place with similar artists.
    I know I can't use the first artist's flash if I set an appointment with anyone new, but I looked at their instagrams and none of the 3 artists at Tattoo Place B have anything close to the flash that I based my design off... what should I do?

21. imthegrimace

You could always ask the first artist if they mind you using that flash as a reference piece for another artist.

22. username

hey you lil piss baby

Yeah, it's always a bit tricky with flash imo. Some artists don't want their designs "ripped off" at all, while others understand the tradition of flash being passed around, reinterpreted, etc. If you're set on the design (or something similar) and don't necessarily mind who does it, the best bet would be to try and get permission from the artist for someone else to do or re-imagine their piece.

billyboatman likes this.
  23. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

24. username

hey you lil piss baby

25. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

yeah