Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 71

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

That's kinda what mine has turned into, that's why I'm apprehensive about the hand. But I really want it.. I'll probably end up doing it. Wish I could post a pic of my full sleeves. Left side is black and grey with some color and right is full black and grey. I have an appointment for end of August just haven't decided if it's the hand or the last bit of filler on my right arm..

2. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I have one tattoo scheduled whenever this start returning to normal, if that happens. Was supposed to be back in April, but naturally is now up in the air.

billyboatman likes this.
  3. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Here's the back of my right forearm. I don't think I've posted this one before.. IMG_0015.JPG

4. Shakriel

That looks really cool!

I haven't really sat down for any really big tattoos yet, mostly small/med sized ones. The one I've scheduled is supposed to be a little bigger but we'll see.

billyboatman likes this.
  5. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Thanks, I really dig how they're coming together. Both arms contrast and have linking ideas and stuff.

Same arm inside of right bicep. I really love my artist. Been going to him since 2008, we have a pretty cool friendship.
    New.png

6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

the only tattoo of mine that's ever gotten somewhat negative attention is my TFB one (knife from Talon of the Hawk)
    when I first interviewed for my current job (which was my first office job after being in the service industry for years) my mom was freaking out about keeping my tattoos hidden, especially that one.
    after I got hired there was one day that I had taken my cardigan off cuz I was getting hot setting up for a discovery and of course the most senior partner walks by at that moment and was like "uhhh that will need to be covered before the client gets here."
    thankfully that partner just retired and my boss really doesn't seem to care about my tattoos.. she even complimented me on one saying how gorgeous she thought it is
    I definitely plan on making my left arm into a half sleeve at some point. any job that would turn me away for that can get fuckt.

7. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I got a bunch more I'd like to share, but I don't wanna over saturate and be annoying.

Luckily I don't think any of mine besides the reaper would "offend" anyone. I have been told by a couple native american people they didn't like my owl tattoo because of what it represents in their culture (death). Other than that no complaints.

Everyone just wants to know what they mean.

P.S. never get a foot tattoo.. IMG_1992 (2).PNG

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I got both my feet done and it hurts but I love them!

supernovagirl and billyboatman like this.
  9. Shakriel

My only somewhat sketchy tat is on my leg, so it's not like a job would ever see it. all the ones on my arm are just appropriate

10. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I must love pain cause I've contemplated getting my left foot, but it seriously hurt so much.

I've sat for 4/5 hours with no issues, my snake took 20/30min and I almost tapped out for the first time ever. I was sweating bullets and talking shit to my artist. He kept saying, why're you making me do this to you? lol

11. Shakriel

i've yet to get a tattoo on any particularly painful area. i am good at remaining passive and hard to read even when one has hurt a little. amuses the artists since i just sort of sit down, turn on my iphone to watch stuff and let them go to work.

12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I want so many more tattoos I need so much money

13. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

That's my normal demeanor, but something brought the demons out of me with the foot one haha.

Do you guys have a regular artist, or are most of your tattoos done by a multitude of artists?

14. Shakriel

all but two artists aren't even local to the U.S. for mine haha. I have two from one artist and my last one was from the same shop but different local artist. the one I'm waiting on is also from out of the country. Artists just visit the hell out of the this one shop it's pretty cool. I could barely talk with most of my artists haha.

billyboatman and supernovagirl like this.
  15. supernovagirl

I have so many artists I want to go to I can’t imagine having just one
    Even if most of mine were only done by 2 people lol

skogsraet, Shakriel and billyboatman like this.
  16. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

That's awesome. I have one tattoo that wasn't done by my main guy. There are a couple artists I'd like to get something from, but they all live over seas. Hopefully I'll have some left over space haha

17. supernovagirl

I feel lucky that I live in a place with a lot of great artists IMO

I’m sure it must suck to live in a place where your options are limited

18. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Ehh, it's not too bad. We have a lot of great artists here, we also get a lot of traveling artists. But since I kinda have a theme going I don't wanna throw a wrench in it by getting something way different than the style my artist and I have collaborated on.

19. Shakriel

I didn't intend to have so many from international artists, it's more like when i finally decided it was time that i was definitely ready to get tattoos that they often have the schedule since they're not often scheduling half a year out like my local artists. that and i loved their art and didn't wanna miss my chance haha.

billyboatman likes this.
  20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

My first was from a different artist and then the rest of from one couple. She’s done 3 or 4 and he’s done the rest. They both rule and I love that all the colors match so I’ll probably never go anywhere else.

billyboatman likes this.
  21. manoverboard365

Trusted

My first 3 tats were from the same artist, then I moved to a new city and picked a new artist for my 4th. Then when I wanted to fill my upper arm with a half sleeve I decided to go to someone new again and they butchered it. I eventually need to find someone to fix it and finish it.
    Lesson learned: if your gut is telling you they're gonna fuck it up, they probably will.

Shakriel and billyboatman like this.
  22. username

hey you lil piss baby

I mostly get trad flash pieces so I’ve been tattooed by quite a few different artists. But I have a handful of go to artists whose art I like most and/or trust to put something original together in those instances.

imthesheriff and billyboatman like this.
  23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

all of my tats have been done by different artists

Shakriel likes this.
  24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Not annoying at all Post ‘em all I love seeing people’s tattoos

billyboatman and imthesheriff like this.
  25. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Don't tempt me with a good time haha.

jkauf likes this.