Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 68

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Officially have 2 tattoos scheduled for January, 2 in February, and am setting one with an artist in April just before my birthday. Quite a full slate, lol. None too big just yet.

Getting smaller ones out of the way and then I'll start saving for the sleeve.

supernovagirl, Philll and mad like this.
  2. @@ron

Regular

How do you go about picking a font for a text tattoo? It seems completely overwhelming.. like paint colors.

3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

just don’t use Papyrus and you’ll be good

@@ron likes this.
  4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Wingdings and Jokerman are my go to

5. drewinseries

Drew

So one of my favorite area artist, Josh McAlear has an opening at the end of the month and I got it.

Going to have him to a sister tattoo based off of the first one I got. My first one is a king of the woods figure, and he's going to do a king of the moon/night version. Going to be sweet to have my first two tattoos done by both my favorite area artists.

Josh McAlear (@joshmcalear) • 2,580 Instagram photos and videos

Shakriel and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. Shakriel

His stuff looks pretty cool!

drewinseries likes this.
  7. drewinseries

Drew

Thanks! I am really excited to see what the does with a lunar theme based off my other tattoo:

[​IMG]

8. Colby Searcy

Is this from/in reference to something?

9. drewinseries

Drew

Nah not really. I release music under a project called King Wildlands which was the influence in a way. I just got married, moving up in my career, house hunting, all these things that take away from my free time as I end my twenties, I liked the idea of having an artist kind of run with that wordplay and create art with it, as its my artistic side.

Interestingly enough, as my life has become more busy with responsbilities at work, as a husband, thinking about starting a family soon etc, i've been able to cut away the things that don't feel close to me on a spiritual level. I wanted to get that as a sort of connection to my creative/spiritual side as I move into this next phase of my life. My job is in the biotech industry so I am really thankful to be able to come home and write music, read niche fiction, love the movies I love, etc, just for the point of feeding the soul.

Probably more words than you intended but there it is haha.

coleslawed and Colby Searcy like this.
  10. Colby Searcy

No worries at all! I love how personal and just how expansive that one tattoo is for you. I just wish any of my current ones we that meaningful haha.

11. Shakriel

Must they have meaning? Maybe just looking cool is all that matters!

drewinseries and Colby Searcy like this.
  12. Colby Searcy

True, bit only 2/3 of mine actually look cool and I like haha

Shakriel likes this.
  13. Shakriel

Haha fair enough. And I actually meant, "must they all have meaning" but apparently didn't double check i actually wrote that.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Philll

Trusted

Just found out my latest tattoo got featured in a magazine. Pretty cool.

15. Colby Searcy

You rich now?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. Philll

Trusted

Financially, no. Pretty sure it was just pinched from Instagram.

But do I feel a deeper, intangible sense of richness? Well, also no.

17. username

hey you lil piss baby

A pair of new ones. The mallard is about two weeks old and still healing a bit, the goat's head is fresh from last night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Henry, coleslawed, sean_rugy and 9 others like this.
  18. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Is it generally a good idea to get permission to use a design from a flash sheet if it’s not from your artist and you find it online?

19. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Probably a stupid question, but did some basic searching and couldn’t find anything

20. Shakriel

Is it flash that artist made themselves?

21. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

It is from an artist, just someone online though

22. username

hey you lil piss baby

I would probably DM them (if you know who the artist is). My understanding is that flash has traditionally been made to be passed around and tattooed by all but I feel not every artist shares that mentality.

An alternative is to take the design to your artist and get them to interpret it in their own way if you aren’t distinctly looking for a carbon copy of that flash piece

coleslawed likes this.
  23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

for sure try to reach out and get the original artist’s approval. a few IG artists I follow (not just tattoo artists) “sell” tattoo permissions to ink their art.

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

related: Sailor Jerry flash day is tomorrow! probably getting an elephant head I debated on last year if it’s an option, or something that would fit well on my shin.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I have a elephant head on my shin!

coleslawed likes this.