Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 63

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

anyone doing friday the 13th flash tattoos?

supernovagirl likes this.
  2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I was going to but I’m going to the goat yoga world record event the next day so I figured that would be a bad idea lol :tear:

dylan likes this.
  3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just got my upper arm finished up. Aiming to have a whole sleeve done next year.

summertimejesus, mad, Philll and 3 others like this.
  4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

today!
    also, I guess it’s gonna be free (!) because he’s an apprentice, but what do I tip in that scenario?

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. I would tip as if you were paying for it

6. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Think of it as if they were a regular artist. I'd say most (at least who I've dealt with) charge around $100/hr. So I'd say like $20 tip per hour of tattooing at that rate seems fair to me.

supernovagirl likes this.
  7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

yeah, that’s what I ended up doing, plus a little extra cause he was rad.

7317D672-02A7-48DA-A78A-D7D92884A44A.jpeg

Fletchaaa, K0ta, imthesheriff and 9 others like this.
  8. username

hey you lil piss baby

Just booked in for next Friday :clap:

coleslawed and mad like this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

Welp. Couldn’t finish my tattoo today because I was bleeding so profusely that it was just too much to work through. I’m not typically a heavy bleeder so this was weird as fuck. I didn’t drink yesterday save for a single beer I had for dinner, I wasn’t on any pills, didn’t have coffee, same artist, same area on my body as last time. So bizarre. It really is a bummer, especially since he is two hours away, but I’d rather get it done right than not, ya know?

K0ta, Colby Searcy and Shakriel like this.
  10. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

How long did you make it before calling it?

11. Dog with a Blog

Prolly like 3 - 4 hours? It didn’t hurt any worse than normal. He had us stop and was just like dude I think we’re gonna have to call it and I’m like you’re the artist I’ll listen to you. The shitty thing is that he’s always booked so I prolly won’t be able to finish for a few months

12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yeah that sucks, but much rather it look great and be done right for sure

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.
  13. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

236185C5-3517-42DF-B42C-50E3EBFAD9CA.jpeg

dylan, coleslawed, jkauf and 11 others like this.
  14. eight30 Sep 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2019)
    eight30

Regular

5C1ADEAC-7D0E-4F2A-9379-BED376B6D419.jpeg
    I got this today. Ignore my friend’s insta sticker haha.

K0ta, jkauf, dylan and 6 others like this.
  15. eight30

Regular

Also, this is my first time using saniderm and I already fucked it up on day 1 and it was peeling off a bit so I put a bandaid over it. How big of a deal is it if the edges of it start peeling off? Could water get in there in the shower? I guess I could call my artist but you guys have all the answers sometimes, haha.

16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Change it to a new sheet tomorrow. But edges peeling should be fine as long as it’s still applied to wherever there’s ink.

17. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

First tattoo is Saturday. Anxiety building.

18. Philll

Trusted

You got this! For me it's a matter of perspective, grin and bear a short period of discomfort for a long term gain.

K0ta, imthesheriff and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Put a deposit down to get a piece from this artist next month. Very excited!

20. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Got this piece almost a month ago, it's healed really well and I love my sweet lil Kagome. Can't wait till Kim is back so I can get more! (It's on my calf).

JeanRalphio, coleslawed, Ben and 6 others like this.
  21. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Love this!

22. Shakriel

That looks really amazing! I've been trying to book artists who can do anime-styled tattoos but they're like booked forever. :(

K0ta likes this.
  23. Shakriel

I'm just an anxious person by nature, especially so before I've done something for the first time. I'm also sort of timid and part of the anxiety is seeing how my parents react, which I know is silly, but they've always been a little overbearing (I think they mostly worry about it affecting my job prospects than anything else). But at the same time I've made it clear it was a matter of when, not if, I would get them and my sister already made the plunge a couple years ago.

I've actually got 2 appointments, one this Saturday and another for Nov 1. And keep looking for more, so I'm excited, just anxious. :P

Philll and K0ta like this.
  24. K0ta

There's a number of good artists out here on the east coast I can recommend if you're ever over here! Kim is one of the best I've seen. I'm sure you have your fair share out there though. Worth getting on a waiting list if they have them.

25. K0ta

What are you getting?