Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yep, that's him! He also did Batman: Streets of Gotham, Heart of Hush(from Detective Comics), some Batgirl issues(Bryan Q. Miller's run), and he's currently doing Descender at Image.

LOL at the New 52 designs. Now i want some Greg Capullo art tattooed...

That's cool to hear, i've just always heard that over time it fades alot. Obviously everybody's skin is different.

2. J.Dick

Regular

Capullo and Manapul (Flash) pulled those initial new 52 designs off the best. I'm wondering how many characters will go back to pre-new 52 designs after Rebirth. I personally wish Superman would stick with the jeans and tshirt from Morrisons first issue of Action. I don't really want the red trunks back but the current Superman costume is terrible.

3. Unfortunately not:-/I'm more than ready, just waiting on my roommate to get paid so we can go together haha.

4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

[​IMG]

Here's my other tat, got this in 2010. The lyric is from Brand New's "Untitled 07" / "(Fork and Knife)" for those who don't know. Each word is a different family member's handwriting: Hold (my dad), on to (my mom), who (brother), you (other brother) and love (my own handwriting). It goes in descending age order.

Was done by Bobby...can't remember his last name. Used to work at Empire State Tattoo in Oceanside, NY (shop now in Amityville), but pretty sure Bobby is somewhere in CA now.

stnewton and Aaron Mook like this.
  5. Tat is sick... I'm definitely pulling for her on Ink Master.

6. Colby Searcy

I watched the first 2 seasons of Ink Master and stopped because the drama got so damn ridiculous and unbearable.

7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

some rad stuff in here.
    ive been scheming a Children of Hurin leg sleeve for a little while now, with glaurung climbing up my leg and scenes from the story interspersed going up from my ankle. need to find an artist to talk trough it with.

just did two little handpoked crosses above my knees for my first foray, left is upright, right is inverted (for St. Peter/humility, not satanic)

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Here's probably about half of mine. Sorry for clogging up the thread. Haha. buckknifetat.jpg girlcardinal.jpg myfeet.jpg rib.jpg snake.jpg tat.jpg tattoo.jpg

ChaseTx and Snewt like this.
  9. JohnR831 Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2016)
    JohnR831

Regular

I love this.

10. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

<- I wanna get this once I'm done with school. Ideally on my left forearm. I've also always wanted some kind of fox tattoo.

11. JohnR831

Regular

I have three tattoos so far.

My first is lyrics that I had Andrew McMahon write out for me:
    [​IMG]

My second is the artwork from the Bright Eyes album Cassadaga:
    [​IMG]

And my third is a cherry blossom branch. I lived in South Korea for two years and wanted something to signify living in Asia:
    [​IMG]

ChaseTx, mad and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I really want to get "There's more to living than being alive" in script on the bottom of my left wrist when I hit 100lb of weight loss (oh fuck that's 7 pounds away... fuuuuuck). I haven't decided on a font or if I want it in handwriting yet, which is a pretty big downer. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them.

I've also been wanting a little heart between some scars on the top of my left wrist as well, but I'm not sure if I want to take the plunge on that just yet.

13. Colby Searcy

I've also been going through for years a leg sleeve(pants leg?) based on the movie/board game Clue but I'm no artist so it'll probably be awhile.
    That color is beautiful!

imthesheriff likes this.
  14. adammmmm

serpent is lord Prestigious

i need to get another soon, although i have no idea what i'd like to get :///

15. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I have 9 currently. I also have a Harry Potter related tattoo, I have 9 3/4 behind my ear. I also have a purple diamond amethyst, an axolotl, the little dude from Hellogoodbye's Zombies! album cover, a piece on my chest with hummingbirds and flowers and the words "always loved, always loving" for my grandma, and peter pan and wendy on each of my feet. Oh, and I have peace and love on both of my wrists thanks to 18 year old me.

16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

JohnR831 likes this.
  17. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

image.jpg

Super awkward location for a selfie.

18. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

19. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

20. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

HERE WE GO:
    image2.JPG image3.JPG image1.JPG

ChrisCantWrite and ChaseTx like this.
  21. This is excellent work. Animal tattoos are probably my favorite.

22. JohnR831

Regular

Thank you!!

23. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Here's a few of mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

25. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Need to take a good picture but I have a LA Lakers tattoo and a Twenty One Pilots one. I much prefer the former.