Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 54

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I’ve been holding off forever on getting anymore until I lose weight, and now that i’m months into a diet, I realize that I need to really start putting money aside to get everything I want.

Dog with a Blog and gonz (Alex) like this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Do what I do and make appointments without being able to afford them and then pray for the best

K0ta, RobbieBerns and coleslawed like this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

Muahaha. Was able to move up my appointment from the 23rd to the 9th. So now I’m getting my left leg on the 9th and my right on the 10th haha

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My coworker asked me if my tattoo was religious because the dove and she thought the lines in the background looked like a cross and omggggg no this is so upsetting to me I didn't even look at it that way!!

Joe4th, K0ta, Colby Searcy and 2 others like this.
  5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

my Elliott Smith tattoo has a little angel outline and I’ve had many people ask if it was religious
    for some reason I didn’t think of that when I got it

Joe4th, Kiana and Dog with a Blog like this.
  6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I rarely actually get people asking if my Jesus tattoo is religious surprisingly

K0ta, Joe4th, Dog with a Blog and 2 others like this.
  7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Loll
    I mean I have a stained glass/church tattoo on my arm so yeaaah it gets a lot of the same assumptions
    I hope that after seeing the astronaut some people assume it’s a science vs religion commentary and not support of a predatory band like it really is

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Colby Searcy

I definitely get this alot and laughs

supernovagirl likes this.
  9. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

[​IMG]

ever since i got this everyone and their mom asks me if i play banjo, which i do not.

10. Colby Searcy

What about their dads?

coleslawed likes this.
  11. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

The dads squint real hard at it and go "back in the day I tried to play banjo one time! But I couldn't figure it out! Seems like a lot of things go that way....."

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Kiana

I think if I got another tattoo it'd be a lil simple ghost where maybe the bottom of his ghostly gown says "Don't be a stranger" so it can be for horror and my girl Phoebe. Idk idk. I don't even know where I'd wanna get another one. My friend told me to get it on my foot and like I would literally rather die than get a foot tattoo. The one on my arm is the only spot I ever rly wanted one so I'm kinda Kanye shrug about where it'd go

ChaseTx and mad like this.
  13. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

The obvious choice is to put it on your face, call yourself Lil Ghosty, and drop a mixtape on soundcloud.

Ken, tyramail, supernovagirl and 6 others like this.
  14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I really like forearm or wrist for small / simple tats

ChaseTx, coleslawed and Kiana like this.
  15. Kiana

My county isn't strict about tattoos in court but I'm a lil paranoid about it if I ever transfer counties. Because I'm not smart enough to remember to cover it all the time lol

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Well you’ll be in seattle with me and they def don’t care there

Kiana likes this.
  17. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I never knew being strict about tattoos in court was a thing. I just visited Dallas a couple weeks ago and got a little “safe camp” on my ankle while I was there. Hoping to get a sleeve started soon, I think I finally nailed down the artist I want.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

being strict at most professions is a thing

coleslawed and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Oh I guess I wasn’t sure if it was meant professionally or not, that makes more sense. I’m really fortunate to work in an office where I don’t have to cover them, I wish more professions were more lax.

20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I was a GM at a restaurant for 4 years and they didn't care. Now the office I work at doesn't care unless maybe it was a face tattoo or something,

Colby Searcy and tyramail like this.
  21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Same, or anything inappropriate. It’s honestly surprising that they’re as lenient as they are (I work for Kroger, in the Portland main office) but they don’t mind tattoos or most facial peircings, some people have colored hair too. It’s nice to not have to worry about things like that.

22. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

If I worked for a company that didn't care I would bring my mohawk back IMMEDIATELY and get my septum pierced AND probably have to find a new girlfriend......

ChaseTx and tyramail like this.
  23. Kiana

My county doesn't care about tattoos and my office itself doesn't care at all. We have judges strolling in with cowboy boots and lawyers wearing flip flops lmao but depending on the judge or county it can be ridic. I've seen judges get after workers for having an illegible signature so if they have a bad day or are just rly strict I'm not about to tempt fate lol

supernovagirl and tyramail like this.
  24. Colby Searcy

For sure. The tides are definitely changing as the upper management/executives become younger but we aren't quite there yet

25. Colby Searcy

What's wrong with the current gf?