1. We've launched a new merch store featuring the Chorus.fm and classic AbsolutePunk.net logo on a variety of t-shirts, hoodies, and other items. Check it out now on at Threadless.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tattoo Thread • Page 51

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. love that feel

2. ChiliTacos

bucks in 6 Prestigious

looks really good @mad!

mad likes this.
  3. my new one is on the same arm as my talon of the hawk tat so I feel like that may become a music themed half sleeve eventually

4. ChaseTx

Nuke the site from orbit. The only way to be sure Prestigious

I love it but I gotta ask where's Julien

coleslawed and mad like this.
  5. Kiana

You look like bad news, I gotta have you Prestigious

I actually am getting the dove tattoo at the end of the month! I'm not really worried about cliches, just like yep another Thursday dove out in the world. Which, can't have too many!

disambigujason, ChaseTx and mad like this.
  6. it’s so I can pretend it’s a nature tattoo and not one for a band
    jk I just like how it looks

ChaseTx and Dog with a Blog like this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

mangeur de cul Prestigious

I feel this. I happen to have a bird and a cat on my left arm so that’s gonna be my animal arm and my right arm has movie/tv stuff so I guess that will be entertainment themed?

coleslawed and mad like this.
  8. my right arm currently has ones for my brothers and parents, and I’m planning on getting one on my right shoulder that’s kind of a tribute to my best friends so I’ve dubbed that my “family arm”
    I also have all sharp/angular designs on my left side and all round tats on the right side of my body
    I love patterns!

9. Aaron Mook

@avmook Moderator

Yeah, I've got music on my right side and Halloween stuff on my left

10. Kiana

You look like bad news, I gotta have you Prestigious

Supposed to get my tattoo on Thursday but it's three hours away and we have a winter storm warning until Wednesday stating that travel might be difficult or impossible. We've had projected snow for weeks and nothing happens so leave it to my luck to be when I have something to do!!

11. jkauf

Trusted Supporter

12. ChaseTx

This is amazing

K0ta and coleslawed like this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

God dammit I am so irresponsible. This guy I follow on Insta posted this saying he wants to do this on someone so I messaged him to see if it’s something that will work on my left arm (which is gonna be my animal arm)

3BC7F250-2BA6-48BD-9ECC-009C3F0179FD.jpeg

Moments after, I realized that an artist I emailed about 4-5 months ago finally emailed me back tonight. I want a piece by this dude so bad and he’s never available so I put down a deposit to have a full day session with him in June.

This guy

I have a lot more important things to be saving for but my plans will take me away from here and I figure I should get them done now if I’m gonna do it. So, I need to start saving HARD lol

14. Dog with a Blog

Alrighty.

April 23 for the dino. June 23 for my other piece. The dino unfortunately isn’t gonna fit on my arm so it looks like we’re moving to my legs!

15. ChaseTx

I'd love the dino. That's cool

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

What Dino? I have one on my arm

17. Colby Searcy

18. Dog with a Blog

FF2B38BC-F704-46A1-BD72-6C312BC222BC.jpeg

I guess more specifically a dino skull. But it’ll be in color

Thanks man. The last session wasn’t so bad but the second one, where he worked on my sternum, was the worst pain I’ve very experienced. Granted, I’ve never broken a bone or anything like that so take that with a grain of salt

disambigujason and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. Colby Searcy

Holy shit, I didn't see the skull until you said something. Total optical illusion.

Yeah I haven't broken anything either but my chest and rib cage/side was pretty fucking brutal and really hard to sit still.

Dog with a Blog and Aaron Mook like this.
  20. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

The middle of my chest was probably the worst spot on my body. I've noticed my pain tolerance going down as I get older, which probably contributed a bit, but I have no desire to feel that ever again. Some of the black needs a second pass, but I don't know if I can handle more. Plus, my artist moved across the country, so there's that.

Dog with a Blog and Colby Searcy like this.
  21. K0ta

hold onto hope if you got it. Supporter

I'm definitely a sick bastard and like the feeling of getting a tattoo. Just former self-injurer things lol

supernovagirl and Colby Searcy like this.
  22. Colby Searcy

This is basically how my wife and I both feel haha. Both our side pieces need touch-up add they are almost 10 years old but I don't think we want to go through the rattling of our ribcages again just the that lol.

Plus like you our artist is at least a 2 hour drive

23. Colby Searcy

I do too in certain areas, just not the ribs/chest.

There is something comforting and soothing about it for sure

supernovagirl likes this.
  24. Colby Searcy

Also I don't know if anybody else is this way or not but I hate needles, like when getting blood drawn I have to lay down cuz I'll pass out, but with tattoos that issue isn't there.

25. Dog with a Blog

I don’t mind either but I recently got my blood drawn and the nurse noticed my tattoos and asked if I had any issues with shots/needles cause she said she’s had so many patients covered in tattoos who can’t handle needles

jkauf and Colby Searcy like this.