Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 49

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

As I get older, the more tattoos hurt. Anyone else?

2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Honestly I feel the opposite. I got 2 in the last month for the first time in 2 years and it hurt less than I remember.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My pain tolerance is super high. There are spots that fucking suck (inner shin, inner thigh) but overall, I can sit like a rock.

jkauf and Dog with a Blog like this.
  4. JxP

Poster Boys for Bad Luck

Got my first tattoo last week! I love it but its extremely difficult to not pick at the scabs.

[​IMG]

5. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I can definitely sit like a rock, but it still sucks haha

6. Dog with a Blog

Damn. I love this. She’s doing a guest spot in Long Beach but I’m poor so it doesn’t matter haha

7. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Does anyone else have a major problem with sitting still when they get tattooed? I probably have restless leg syndrome and am super fidgety, so not flinching when I get tattooed is an immense challenge for me.

8. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

mattav152, Henry, coleslawed and 3 others like this.
  9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Henry, ChaseTx, mattav152 and 8 others like this.
  10. DeRRek

Trusted

Starscream added today.

Attached Files:

11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Got this work done tonight. For the traditional folks out there, though we went outside a bit with some weird color.

Attached Files:

12. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Pretty, pretty, pretty good!
    397A011A-D016-4BE0-A3EB-4DFFA7AB702E.jpeg

Henry, coleslawed, Glasses and 9 others like this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

ADAM I LOVE YOU!!!

Larry David and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

WOW

15. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Update: We managed to get the rest done in one go. So glad I can say this is finished.
    52047B74-2B86-488D-857C-58CB456A2099.jpeg

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The artist I like is accepting requests again. Cross ur fingers for me!!!

17. Michael Schmidt

This reminds me of one of the artists here in Cleveland, Lauren Vandevier (https://www.instagram.com/ellvee_tattooer/?hl=en). She was a really good artist before getting into tattooing. Her style is mostly a black and white style that is super popular right now and a little bit of traditional. Her stuff is really good, but she opens her books once every four months to schedule haha. She does a lot of travelling along with her residency here. The extent of her wait list is crazy to me.

Good luck getting in with your artist! What are you trying to get?

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lol yeah it's so annoying cause I always like artists who work hours away and whose books are always closed

I'm thinking the cliche Thursday dove but I'm wanting an artist who could take my rambling vague plan and come up with a cool idea inspired by it so it doesn't have to be like literal copy + paste logo? Lol idk I don't trust any artist here so it's not super easy to do like multiple consults and figure it out unfortunately

supernovagirl and Joe4th like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

supernovagirl and Kiana like this.
  20. Michael Schmidt

Haha yeah I feel you on the expanding beyond just a logo thing. You can do a lot with the dove logo though, depending on your style. That dove can be as an outline to a larger traditional, realism, or black and white piece. It just depends what you're into.

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Forgot to post this last week. All done for now, will see how it heals — might want the hair a little darker/brighter.

F7761E14-A3FE-4EA4-A46C-EA3E75299E21.jpeg

Aaron Mook and DeRRek like this.
  22. cheese_pizza

I would like to have a tattoo of three small stars in the corner of my eye, but everyone I know says smth like: "On your face? Are you mad?"
    Should I answer: "C'mon, it's a SMALL tattoo" or they are right?
    And one more thing - is it dangerous to put tattoo near eye?

23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I mean it depends on a lot of things. For one, the reason face tattoos are ‘mad’ is because they are job stoppers. Do you work in an industry that it’s ok? Furthermore do you think you will be working in that industry for the rest of your life?
    Then again worse case scenario you could cover it with makeup.
    There are cosmetic tattoos like permanent makeup that go very close to the eye and are safe so I don’t think that’s an issue. Also “permanent” makeup like that still does not actually last forever so that’s something to consider as well

If I was being honest I would just tell you to buy an eyeliner stamp (milk cosmetics comes to mind) and just apply that every day but that’s just my opinion

cheese_pizza likes this.
  24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Sailor Jerry Day coming up on Saturday, may try to get something like this guy

25. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Getting my first tattoo on Monday! And in LA too, so pumped. This is the artist, he's got some dope work.