Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 45

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. US Camera Jul 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2018)
    US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Haha I just got out of work and saw it. I’m so happy with how it came out!

Here’s what we covered up, from the day I got it. I pulled it out of my Instagram archive to show this

And for the rest of the thread, what my arm currently looks like

coleslawed, mad, RJ Knorr and 5 others like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I really need to make another appointment with him.

3. US Camera

I actually just made my next appointment with him today to do white work on this and then get Momo from ATLA. Also driving down to RVA to get something from Isashah on Nov 16

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

She's posted so many things that I'd love to get. Can't justify that drive though.

Did Chris mention when they are planning on moving out? I really don't want to go there again if I don't have to.

5. US Camera

Mid August, my next appointment will still be there, but my partner has an appointment in early Sept will prob be at the new spot

I have friends who live in Richmond so it’s an excuse to see them. I’m getting a Luigi’s Mansion thing

6. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Late to this but pete larkin at kyklops tattoo is great.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. I'll look into his work! Most of my friends have exclusively been recommending Torch and Dagger/Bonnie Ramone in particular, but I'm definitely open to suggestions.

8. Dog with a Blog

Damn I love this

Larry David, jkauf, mad and 1 other person like this.
  9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Damn.

10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I've been having the tattoo itch sooo bad lately, but every time I think abut dropping the money I think about how that could basically be a plane ticket instead, or at least part of one, and then I can't decide which I want more so I don't.

skogsraet and coleslawed like this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

2nd session on my big one is finally booked

mad, coleslawed and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I need to get tattooed this weekend.

13. Was originally planning on getting a ghost tattooed on my foot next weekend to celebrate my first "real job" paycheck, but in light of the recent Say Anything news, I might go for a self-designed "Chia-Like, I Shall Grow" piece instead.

14. Dog with a Blog

Gahhhhh I can’t wait for Tuesday! It’s gonna suck but it’ll be well worth it

Larry David likes this.
  15. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I’ve decided I want a pumpkin spice latte or at least a pumpkin tattoo this fall. Steer into the skid, y’know?

Aaron Mook, flask, coleslawed and 5 others like this.
  16. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

That sounds amazing

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. Thanks. I'll have to post a pic when the design is finished. You know those kinda cool/overused sun and moon designs where they share a face? It's one of those, but with a skull for a face ("Sun, I won't spare you/Moon, I won't spare you") and the lyrics "The Stars Scar My Ceiling" around it.

18. Dog with a Blog

Today was killer. One more session to go.

5DA18B75-CA4F-4530-BCBC-64265AC3DA4E.jpeg

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  20. Dog with a Blog

It all sucked but probably the sternum. When he was really going at it I could feel it reverberating throughout my body and causing intense pain in my arms actually.

ChaseTx and jkauf like this.
  21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, probably never doing my chest, haha.

22. Dog with a Blog

It was easily the most painful experience of my life. I’m not looking forward to the final session but I also am cause I can’t wait to be done with this forever lol

coleslawed, sean_rugy and jkauf like this.
  23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Are you adding a second hot air balloon, or is something else going there? Looks fantastic, great coloring.

24. Dog with a Blog

Thanks man! Yeah, adding the boy counterpart there. Then a lil bit of shading and detail work and I’m done. He said it should only take up half a session thank god

Larry David likes this.
  25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Are you going to shave your chest going forward? It's a beautiful piece, and you clearly have thick dark hair.