Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 39

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. scroopy.noopers

: (

I got my avatar on my bicep a few weeks ago and I'm really wanting to get something done today because its Friday the 13th and I keep seeing flash sales on my IG feed.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

My favorite is lineart, I'm a simple man

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

A worm hole of tattoo artist instagram pages led me to the insane story of female tattoo pioneer Bev Nicholas (Cindy Ray).

4. scroopy.noopers

: (

Best $20 i ever spent

Attached Files:

5. Dog with a Blog

It’s my dream to get tattooed by her

Aaron Mook, coleslawed and mad like this.
  6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Wow, those are beautiful.

Told myself I'd finally get a tattoo once I got a new job. Going to wait until I'm settled into the new area and find some tattoo artist there.

Colby Searcy and Dog with a Blog like this.
  7. ChaseTx

That's awesome

I'll post my Friday the 13th one tomorrow when it's not wrapped

8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

omg so you did get one @ChaseTx !! I'm sure I'll come across the convo in the a1 thread but saw it here first haha

dylan and Colby Searcy like this.
  9. ChaseTx

Yes here it is! This is my third

20180414_085727.jpg

10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I really wish any of the shops near me did Friday the 13th deals

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

All of my friends who are tattoo artists hate when people ask about Friday the 13th deals.

flask likes this.
  12. supernovagirl

yeah the opinion on friday the 13th tats is very divided. Even my artist who did mine and always promotes hers will still talk down about it. Idk. I ain't expecting miracles, you get what you pay for (aka simple and small and rushed) but I like flipping the narrative of "every tattoo you have has to have meaning!!!"

edited to add: most of the shops around here do friday the 13th flash sheet type deals. Maybe just because it's so common here, more people feel like they have to participate idk.

Aaron Mook and Colby Searcy like this.
  13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I despise talking about the meaning behind my Dinosaur tattoo, so I get this hah

Aaron Mook and supernovagirl like this.
  14. supernovagirl

I just don't get it. I get why you would reserve your own body for something that had such and such meaning to you, but what's hard to understand about the fact that people don't have to feel the same way you do lol

Aaron Mook, ChaseTx and Colby Searcy like this.
  15. username

hey you lil piss baby

Someone asked me the meaning of my frog riding a tortoise the other day and I was like uhhh it’s sick

marceting, flask, coleslawed and 8 others like this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

Haha, yeah. I remember this one girl straight up getting upset when I told her my tattoos didn’t mean anything. She was like, “well I mean they HAVE to mean something.” And I’m just like I like art sry. It means, “i like dis.”

People can do whatever they want, but some of these “meanings” just seem so contrived to me. Like they felt they had to come up with a meaning in order to have an excuse to get a tattoo

17. ChaseTx

Meanings behind my tattoos:

Bluebonnet - I'm from Texas and wanted a cool flower
    Skelton hand holding VHS tape - I like horror and it's fun
    Pineapple - I like pineapple and it was $20 and @iCarly Rae Jepsen was paying

coleslawed, dylan, Aaron Mook and 6 others like this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

Did you ever end up going to Linda from Koneko?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. ChaseTx

That's next month! On mother's day unfortunately. I sure as hell wish they would let me reschedule

Colby Searcy and Dog with a Blog like this.
  20. Dog with a Blog

Just say it means something about your mom ;)

21. ChaseTx

No she's gonna be pissed when I show up in short sleeves

22. farva2

Regular

I’m 3 out of 4 ( maybe 5) sessions on my first tattoo with Jamie Schene. It’s sick so far but man I just want it to be done already so I can view it in it’s full glory

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  23. My favorite tattoos are my Halloween flashes. Our shop stopped doing Friday the 13th ones because financially, it just wasn't viable, but my artist loves doing the Halloween specials (he says it gives him a chance to be creative and draw up some designs he's always wanted to tattoo). No meaning other than I fucking love Halloween/spooky shit and a friend or two usually end up coming with me. It's a three-year tradition at this point

24. supernovagirl

yess this too. I got one last halloween and I love spooky stuff too and will deff go back if they do the special this year.
    Actually my artist switched shops so I would go to her if she does it at her new shop.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

seems to be only the sketchy shops around here that do most of these cheap days.
    we get sailor jerry day, which is still $120 and lines for days, and one collab with a brewery where they’re like $50 for a set flash.

Colby Searcy likes this.