Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 37

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I want this now

coleslawed likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I wouldn't get anything that can't be covered with a long sleeve shirt. Beyond that it's not something I'd worry about

3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I've always planned to be fairly covered so I never gave much thought to placement of mine. I even have a hand tattoo although it's small and not obvious, it still precludes me from a lot of futures, I think. haha.

Honestly, oh well. I love tattoos.

Colby Searcy and Benjamin Lee like this.
  4. supernovagirl

Is this a joke or am I just not getting it lol. Areas with fat have virtually no pain. the more fat the better. It's when it's over thin skin/bone that it really hurts.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

For some reason, I am very sensitive in that area and often if people even just touch me there they will hit a nerve that really hurts. Like, I have this wonky nerve that hurts when people touch it and also sends that area into a spasm lol

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. supernovagirl

ohh hm damn that sucks. Understandably nervous then lol

7. supernovagirl

Does anyone have their elbow done? Or feet? Or both?? haha

right now the most painful spot I've felt is like...an inch and a half from the tip of my elbow. It just started hitting the ~funny bone~ type area and felt really terrible haha. Other than that, pain level on all my tattoos has been relatively low, or I didn't mind it.
    But if that's my worst and it's still an inch away from the elbow tip, I can't imagine how painful that is!

I do want feet tattoos someday soon, but I know it's supposed to be one of the most painful places
    edit: Like the top of your feet.

8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I would also say the tip of the shoulder was my most painful spot, especially since I wasn't expecting it to be a particularly bad spot

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I remember sitting really well for both of my shoulders. Inside of the shin and back of the knee are a fucking nightmare.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It’s only been a week but I’m itching for another piece real badly again, usually got 6-12 months between for money reasons, but I may have to treat myself in April to celebrate finishing my first semester at university lol

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My guy had a cancellation and push my date up. Since I paid with gift certs I told him to keep my second date open. Gonna have my next one in like two weeks. lol

12. Dog with a Blog

I feel intimidated haha

3320BC6B-8A86-4F29-9A3D-33F7E5E06631.png

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. Dog with a Blog Feb 17, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2018)
    Dog with a Blog

Consultation on Wednesday

I’m going to this guy. Huge fan of his style. I hope it all works out!

Colby Searcy, Henry, js977 and 5 others like this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

Has anyone here gotten a chest tattoo or work that was done in a place that is generally concealed by clothes? I ask because so far I only have had work done on my arms and I can simply roll up my sleeves during the healing process, but that obviously won't be possible with a chest piece so I'm just curious what that healing process is like as someone who has to dress up for work every day.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I have one on my side. You'll be alright as far as healing. I have to dress business casual and just wore a plain tee underneath my shirt the day after I got it. The ink shouldn't be bleeding out or anything if thats what you're worried about.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

Right on. I'm not worried about my clothes, my concern is my clothes sticking to the tattoo when I take them off and fucking it up I guess

17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

isn't it not good for clothing to rub up too much against it while its peeling/scabbing? that would be my concern, like the clothing would make a small peel into a big peel and mess something up if it happened continuously

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

Oh boyyyyy. I am super excited for this piece. Got an appointment set for March 12th, but he said it’ll take two sessions most likely

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What are you getting? And holy fuck $1200 for a day.

Glad my guy is charging $350 a pop.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. Definitely not bragging because I haven't had anything bigger than say my pec done (or take longer than about 45 minutes) but I haven't paid more than $120 for one of mine and I'm pretty okay with that

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Dog with a Blog

Most I’ve paid is $400 I think, but one of this dude’s sessions are from 11am to 7/8pm and he does great work, so I’m not too worried about it. Plus it’s basically gonna be my whole chest. As for what I’m getting, I don’t want to say yet

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I was told by my artist that your tattoo shouldn't peel or scab if done by a good tattoo artist and you take care of it properly after.

First few tattoos I got by different artists all peeled or scabbed. The tattoos from the artist that told me that did not.

js977 likes this.
  23. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I'm not entirely sure how true that is, I've got a pretty poor immune system so generally take longer to heal from tattoos as a result regardless of the skill or care of the tattoo artist. Due to my poor immune system I'm super cautious and clean and the artists (for most part) are incredible. I'd wager there's truth to this in general and obviously a good tattoo won't do it as much, but I don't think it's hard and fast as a rule.

js977 and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Oh yeah, it's definitely not a hard and fast rule. I'm sure skin conditions and other variables can affect it as well. I think more or less he was trying to emphasize to me that cleaning and taking care of it is super important.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Scabbing is something that occurs mostly when the skin is overworked or they go too deep. I've had problems with it in the past. Its possible to still get scabs, but certain artists will definitely fuck you up. My artist now uses that new skin stuff to cover and its really worked wonders. Haven't had a single issue after using it for 2-4 days.

Peeling is 100% going to happen. I don't care who you are.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018IUM8HQ/?tag=absolutepunk-20

Colby Searcy and coleslawed like this.