Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 36

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

This looks like a decal for a T-shirt
    Don't start with your ribs

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I know nothing about anime, but this tattoo was really well done!

Dog with a Blog and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

haha ribs will probably be the next thing after this little project.
    I'm super happy with all of his work so far. He's fast, painless, and very reasonably priced. Wins all around.

Colby Searcy and Larry David like this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, same, just my arms so far. I still want full sleeves, but I’d really like to start something on my chest. Not sure if I’ll ever do my stomach/rib cage. I’m super sensitive there

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The shop I was at the other day had two girls tap out on under-boob tattoos. I couldn't believe how they took it. Got me shook.

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

4 of Kaitie's 5 tattoos are on her ribs

She said under boob did not hurt at all

7. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

How big were they? Mines about 4-5 inches and lettering and I really barely hurt and it was my first tattoo. I guess pain is subjective so depends I suppose

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They didn't look too big. Probably 3-4 hours worth of sitting.

Colby Searcy and Dog with a Blog like this.
  9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

That sounds long to me. The longest I’ve had to sit was like 2 hours though lol

coleslawed and Colby Searcy like this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

I’m not worried about my ribs, I’m worried about the area beneath my ribs where it’s just fat

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Ahhh, the stomach.

-Dr. Mr. Serotonin

12. Dog with a Blog

Lmao. more on the sides but yes

Colby Searcy and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think the longest I sat was 6 or 7 hours. Everything hurt so bad at that point. Didn't help that it was my shin.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

General question: Because I’m curious,
    I want to start a discussion about tattoos in the workplace, namely corporate jobs.

If I were wearing a shirt and jeans, no one would ever know I have tattoos as I have always kept my tattoos hidden at work.

People who have tattoos and work in office / client-facing environments, how’d your bosses / co-workers react to your tattoos? Are no tattoo policies still a thing in 2018? Did you just show up one day with ink?

I’ve thought about getting tattoos on my forearm but have always heard such decisions are detrimental to potential hiring. Am I overthinking this?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

Wear long sleeves. But, in my opinion, the fact that the stigma still exists in 2018 is ridiculous. Though, I do think it’s slowly dying off. I’ve never worked a corporate/office job, so I don’t know, but I think it’s a case by case basis.

I plan on moving to japan once I’m done with school where tattoos are still very looked down upon, especially in the workplace, so I have to make sure that all of the work I’m getting can be covered up by clothing.

Colby Searcy and Benjamin Lee like this.
  16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I have a couple vet school classmates with sleeves, neither covers them and when I asked them about clinics they said they weren’t too worried about it. I think most places are relatively conservative but I’ve worked with visibly inked docs too. Tide is changing slowly but surely.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  17. Got some surprise birthday ink but I'm having trouble figuring out how to post it on mobile hahs

Colby Searcy and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

Classic @Kingjohn_654 move.

Ya gotta turn your phone sideways and then click on the paper clip

19. welcome to heartbreak.jpg

Wound up just logging in on my laptop lol. It's been a fucked up month. Welcome to Heartbreak.

20. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

they had all that under their boob?!?!

supernovagirl and Colby Searcy like this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Haha the one was particularly weird placement for the design. Also just a weird design in general.

22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'd say C cups

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Are you covered above your elbows? If so, why not just play it safe and go up there instead?

24. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Yeah that seems like an odd placement for something like that. But hey what do I know could be wrong.

Smdh

25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

My first tattoo was on my wrist, so, I got a hiring hazard right off the bat. I don’t know if I’m too scared of lost work opportunities though. The idealist inside of me says I’d rather not work for a company that would discriminate. Especially over something as small as tattoos. However, my realist side has made me avoid getting a hand tattoo for the time being. Once you have one on your hand, there’s no covering up in a professional setting. I am going into a PhD biology field though. So, I don’t really know how at risk I am with tattoos. Either way, I definitely think the tides are turning as far as discriminating against them goes. Work places seem to be getting steadily more understanding and open.

js977 likes this.