Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 35

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm still waiting to get a date for my free one, but I got eager and did a walk in today

signal-2017-12-30-133646.jpg

2. coleslawed Jan 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2018)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

got my first “real” ink today (had done some small stick n pokes on myself a few years back).
    minnesota & wisconsin state mottos on the back of each elbow. pretty pleased with the results.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    “Star of the North” for MN, “FORWARD” for WI on the right arm.

3. I have just decided that my next tattoo will probably be an Evil Dead addition to my Halloween half-sleeve

Larry David, ChaseTx and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. ChaseTx

Here's the one I got for free (plus tip of course)

20180124_203739.jpg

mad, Mr. Serotonin, Joe4th and 7 others like this.
  5. Sike! I'm getting a UFO done this weekend, haha.
    I really like this.

Colby Searcy and ChaseTx like this.
  6. ChaseTx

Thanks! I had no idea how it would turn out because I didn't give him much to go off of. His work is all super realistic

sean_rugy and Aaron Mook like this.
  7. Got a new favorite today:

new fave.jpg

8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

For Christmas/birthday my brother gave me some cash to put towards a tattoo that we'll both get, or a variation of. I think we'll do something winter/ski related because that's something we've bonded with over the years. It'll be his first one so I'm taking that into consideration. It's been fun bouncing ideas off each other about something I never thought he would be in to.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. anthony

Colby Searcy and Aaron Mook like this.
  10. Thanks! The others are $31 Halloween specials. I'd like to make it a Halloween half-sleeve of sorts.

Colby Searcy, anthony and ChaseTx like this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

Hmm. Tax return money....

12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Got this guy done yesterday
    [​IMG]

13. Dog with a Blog

Hmm. This tattoo artist I want to go to just quit at his shop and is now doing it at his private studio. I bet that means he's gonna be hella pricey now :/

Larry David likes this.
  14. flask

Trusted Supporter

Possibly cheaper since he’s not paying rent at the shop anymore.

Larry David likes this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

True, I guess I'll find out eventually!

Larry David likes this.
  16. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

we're basically doing the same thing and I love it.

Colby Searcy and Aaron Mook like this.
  17. Hell yeah! Have you posted pictures of yours?

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Okay, so I didn't know this was a thread until just now. So sorry for the dumb. But I started getting ink in April, and this is my progress so far. The lower arms are themed around music and consist of the Circa Survive "Safecamp" logo, the Anberlin logo, the David Bowie "Blackstar" text, the artwork to mewithoutYou's "Ten Stories", and a homage to both David Bazan's song "Hard to Be", and his album "Curse Your Branches". Along side the mwY tatoo on the left arm, I have the moon, Kirby, and just a normal band at the very bottom of the wrist. I plan on getting the On Letting Go Art from Circa between Kirby and the Moon once my tax return comes in, then adding some some starts so it brings it together as a sort of portrait. Then on my upper right arm I have the Studio Ghibli logo. Then finally, the bird on my upper left arm is a brown thrasher and is a memorial tattoo to a friend of mine who killed himself a couple years ago. Basically, my friend was snow white and one day when he went for a walk a baby brown thrasher just flew onto his shoulder and didn't leave him for like a week after that.

IMG_1424.JPG IMG_1423.JPG IMG_1425.JPG IMG_1426.JPG IMG_1427.JPG

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

20. Nope! Ink Assassins in Erie, Pa. The design is based on something I found online, but the artist made a few changes to the UFO.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ChaseTx, Contender, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

Ya boi’s tax return was much bigger than anticipated. Gotta get dat chest piece

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have yet to do anything on my torso and I wouldn't even know where to start.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  24. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

[​IMG]

There's a skull on the back of my arm too. Whenever I'm bored, I just think of new halloween based tattoos. There's so many options to take it.

Next up is a Keith Haring piece, though.

25. Hell yeah, great pic haha

Contender and Colby Searcy like this.