Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I don't believe so because typically they use a different gun/needle for outlining which I believe hits deeper into the skin. I'm sure with some people it would though if they don't take care of it and what not.

PS-Sorry if that came off wrong, wasn't trying to be a dick.

2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

no no worries! that's the kind of stuff i want to know about before i get anything done, so any advice is appreciated

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

The only thing I wish I had known going into getting my tattoos was the care that goes into them after you get it done. I spent so much time worrying about the potential pain of actually getting the tattoo that it never crossed my mind to ask about what it looks and feels like after it's done, caring for it with lotion and washing it properly, etc.

4. imo that's the responsibility of the artist/shop, they should give you an aftercare sheet with information or at least talk about it with you. you shouldn't have to ask.

dharkins and Colby Searcy like this.
  5. I'm pretty sure my roommate has not taken care of his at all since getting it on Halloween. He didn't even put lotion on it for the week following

Miraculously, it didn't get infected

6. Any pale people in here with tattoos? Do they look okay?

7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

This is one of the reasons I have yet to get one lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. Yeah, this has been one of my greater concerns lol though I'm just getting black text on my underarm.

Edit: which is one of the palest places on my body lol fuck me

AelNire likes this.
  9. Colby Searcy

I don't think i'm necessarily pale, but i'm definitely not tan either haha. All of mine seem to look okay, i do need to get them touched up though cuz they are a bit faded but that's pretty normal after several years.

10. Meerkat

They did. I just meant that whenever I talked to people who had tattoos about getting them for the first time, no one mentioned it. That was more of a "stuff I wish I'd known before I committed thing" than a "I wish I had been properly informed"

Colby Searcy and scott like this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Definitely takes more work than you would think haha.

I'm not crazy, you changed your username right?

12. Meerkat

I'm kind of glad I was slightly unaware because I think I would've chickened out if I had known the skin would be raised for a few days after. I didn't think of it as permanently scarring your skin.

Yes, I did!

13. Colby Searcy

The first week is always the worst part. That itchiness, sunburn feeling, and just not wanting to bathe that area makes you second guess yourself and you think "I'm totally not gonna do this again!"

14. The itch/peeling is the worst part by far.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. Meerkat

I didn't have any issues with itching. Having to touch it while it was still raised just made me really queasy.

16. I don't mind that part at all, I actually kinda like it because it's pretty much the most vibrant your tattoo ever looks haha. This most recent tattoo though was unbearably itchy, it was terrible. Have to alternate between lightly slapping and putting ice on it, which I found helps a lot, since the cold sensation takes away from the itchy sensation.

17. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I want to get my forearms tattooed especially, because my skin can get really red there, and I'm self conscious about it. Anyone know if tattooing over something like that could cause an issue?

18. Tattooing over what?

19. Colby Searcy

If its just like redness or eczema or something It shouldn't but be sure to tell your artist about it so they can be cognizant of that. The color may look weird as well but i'm not a tattoo artist.

20. Meerkat

I'll take a picture later, but mine are two years old and still very dark. I'm constantly asked if they just finished healing.

scott likes this.
  21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Getting a tattoo with white in it supposedly requires a ton of touch up because it fades almost immediately. Atleast that's what a girl I know said about hers.

22. Yeah, my fiance wants a dove she drew on her back but she's still unsure about the coloring situation.

23. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

It's just general redness, so I figured it's nothing to worry about. I doubt I'd go for a color tat there though, for that reason.

24. Colby Searcy

It's true, I wouldn't recommend getting alot of white coloring in a tattoo, it won't really stay (unless you have darker skin of course). If you look at my tattoo from the first page you'll notice that Jesus' robes should be white but aren't, it's just shading. The only white part of the tattoo is the T-Rex's eyeball and that color has now disappeared.

It's funny because as I mention above where the color should be and it's just shaded in looks funny when I get sunburned or something haha.

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I really dig this sexual assault tattoo and it would mean a lot to me so if I can ever get up the nerve to get one it'll probably be this. My sister wants us to get anchors together so I might just go all out lol

[​IMG]