Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tattoo Thread • Page 23

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 16, 2016.

1. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i got a leaf on my side today. its simple but my family is long island transplants and living in north texas now doesn't yield to too much nature or fall weather (which is my fav) so for a good couple of years my grandma will pick/find nice fall leaves and press them and send them to me in the mail. anyways, right before we finished i was like yeah, you did this other one i have. i noticed some blowout on it before and he saw it when i showed it to him and he was like yo, let me fix it. and i was like fuck cause that shit hurt when i got it the first time. its literally just a rectangle (its the 1975 related) but its on my upper ribs/side. im still trying to get bigger pieces but the person i want to do it is IMPOSSIBLE to book. he opens his books for 5 minutes and he's booked for MONTHS. he doesnt even say where he works to avoid people walking in or trying to book when he's booked out for months :teethsmile:

coleslawed and Colby Searcy like this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Love this story! Got any pics? I can vouch for ribs/side hurting like a SOB. I have a giant tattoo on my side and I felt every fucking prick

3. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

[​IMG][​IMG]
    just a tiny guy
    [​IMG]
    theres the one he redid but looks like still some blowout. i give up. if he keeps going over its gonna be a damn filled in rectangle at that point damn.

coleslawed and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Anyone have experience with infections? Looks like my pants may have given me a bad rub. I'll be going to the doctor this afternoon, but was wondering if anyone had any tips.

5. Colby Searcy

What have you been using as after care?

6. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea I've had little white puss bumps that moved all over my body, and was stuck with them for a bout 6mo. I was using aquaphor, which is like Vaseline, and I wasn't washing it off the first layer when I reapplied so I was trapping all the dirt that got caught into the tattoo.

That was like my second tattoo. Now I've got the perfect method that works for me.

1.rinse with dial antibacterial soap and warm water
    2.apply aquaphor

Repeat every 2-4 hours for the first 3 days or so, and your tattoo will barely even peel.
    I don't even bother with wrapping it up with Saran Wrap or anything. For my elbow I'd sleep with a magazine rubberbanded around my arm so I wouldn't bend it. Perfect heal.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I use A&D ointment for the first 2-3 days and then a non-medicated lotion for a week or so after that. I'd never had a problem before, but I think my jeans and ingrown hairs are doing me in.

8. Colby Searcy

I've used A&D as well but I've been told not to because it makes it fade quicker. And just use lotion but it's been a long time since I got something done to vouch for anything

9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Got my session booked at add Darth Vader to my calf..

..now to find the exact picture of him I want done.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I'm thinking I want this. It would be my first with colour
    [​IMG]
    I also don't know if I'd want lyrics with it or just the picture.

11. My roommate and I are getting matching tattoos at the end of the semester. Currently trying to decide between Kanye's original SWISH artwork and Against Me!'s skeleton logo.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I have this that I got about a year and a half ago. Wasn't for the Front Bottoms I just always wanted a buck knife tattoo. Haha.

[​IMG]

13. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I had one infected tattoo on my leg/ankle area. My doctor actually thought it was from my body being allergic to and rejecting the yellow ink. So it could be something besides just your pants, I would definitely make sure you get it checked out! Just keep it clean and keep washing with unscented soap for now. Also, Polysporin can help if it gets infected to prevent any scarring from bumps or wounds that may appear.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Should be one more.

15. DeRRek

Trusted

That is unreal dude. Amazing job done there:ok:

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

My newest one.

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

okayibelieveyou likes this.
  18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Need opinions
    which font is better?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dylan likes this.
  19. DeRRek

Trusted

Bottom one

20. Colby Searcy

Bottom one for sure

21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Thanks fellas

DeRRek likes this.
  22. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

You should go with a handwritten font that matches the style of the drawing more.

23. Carmen SD

Trusted

I like the top font.

dylan and Aaron Mook like this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

EDIT: Out of those two, the top, but a agree with the handwritten sentiment

dylan and Aaron Mook like this.
  25. I also liked the top font but didn't want to go against the grain and make things more complicated, haha

dylan, mercury and Colby Searcy like this.