Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tallest Man on Earth Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 9, 2016.

1. zmtr

Trusted

couldn't have said it better

i'd pay big money to have him narrate all of my favorite books

2. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Heh, I actually thought about that when I saw his video earlier, "This guy should do audiobooks"

3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Listening to Dark Bird Is Home this morning. Man, this album is underrated. The songwriting is tight and pretty, with so many considered details and instrumental embellishments. Beautiful music here.

4. zmtr

Trusted

Timothy and Little Nowhere Towns are 2 of the best songs he's ever written. The title track is just something else too. The outro fucks me up every time.

Matt Chylak, morken and Nyquist like this.
  5. zmtr

Trusted

This is incredible

coleslawed and morken like this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

I'm listening to Dark Bird right now and forgot how good "Timothy" really is. God damn.

7. Horrorca

Trusted

revisiting Dark Bird Is Home

I really like it although a lot of people consider it weaker than the rest of his records

the arrangements give a really unique vibe, I think

KidLightning and zmtr like this.
  8. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

coleslawed, morken and zmtr like this.
  9. zmtr

Trusted

Sharing this again. Easily the best of the newer songs.

morken likes this.
  10. morken

Seeing him again in Oslo in October. Can not wait

11. zmtr

Trusted

these lyrics are heartbreaking

coleslawed likes this.
  12. weirdfishes

I know a guy who writes at a Eurovision related website, and he can get me press passes to a The Tallest Man On Earth concert and an interview with him if I find any relation between him and Eurovision. He's one of my favourite artists and I'd absolutely love that to happen, but I haven't found anything on the internet for now. Do you guys know any relation between The Tallest Man On Earth and Eurovision? Anything could help!

13. morken

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I would I highly doubt you'd find any connection between Kristian Matsson and Eurovision whatsoever. I've done some searches in both English, Norwegian and Swedish, and nothing's come up so far. Eurovision's not a very respected musical competition, so I would find it strange for him to ever have had anything to do with that anyway.

14. zmtr

Trusted

Kristian didn’t need to write one of the best love songs of the 21st century. But he did..

The Wild Hunt is a perfect record. Don’t @ me.

mad likes this.
  15. jdr2187

jdr2187

Yep, it and Shallow Grave are flawless. Unfortunately I haven’t enjoyed anything he’s done since as much as those two.

Sometimes the Blues is one of my favorite ep’s ever as well.

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

When do we get a new album? It's been awhile

17. zmtr

Trusted

Blood Bank is the only EP I enjoy more. Little River is super underrated and in my top 3 favorite TTMOE songs.

There’s No Leaving now is only slightly below the first 2 for me. Wind and Walls is my favorite song he’s ever written. Dark Bird i enjoy quite a deal less but only because I love the others so much. Little Nowhere Towns and Timothy are classics.

jdr2187 likes this.
  18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Hey, "Wind and Walls" is my favorite song of his too.

Dark Bird has grown on me a lot since it came out. Wasn't super into it back in 2015. I think it's a little samey, but there are some fantastic songs on there.

zmtr likes this.
  19. jdr2187

jdr2187

coleslawed, Jbent, zmtr and 1 other person like this.
  20. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Nice! So he's Brooklyn based? Or maybe just recording in the city hmm

21. zmtr

Trusted

His girlfriend lives in NYC. He definitely still lives invite sweden the majority of the time

22. Jbent

Trusted

Great news looking forward to a new record. Much anticipated.

23. zmtr

Trusted

New single tomorrow.

morken and jdr2187 like this.
  24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yes

25. jdr2187

jdr2187

coleslawed and zmtr like this.