Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tallest Man on Earth Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 9, 2016.

1. George

Trusted Prestigious

Kristian Matsson (born 30 April 1983) is a Swedish singer-songwriter from Dalarna, Sweden who performs under the stage name of The Tallest Man on Earth.

[​IMG]

2. George

Trusted Prestigious

Dark Bird is Home was my favourite album from last year, it was absolutely magical. I saw him live in Berlin last Autumn, and it was the closest thing I've come to a religious experience, it was perfect.

He played with a full band, and knew exactly when to spruce up his old songs, and when to leave them alone. Just breathtakingly good.

zmtr likes this.
  3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"The Dreamer" is a legitimately perfect song. One you assume had to have been a hit since 1962 somehow.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

My favorite song of his is probably "Wind and Walls."

muttley likes this.
  5. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I don't listen to him enough. Also gonna check out that video above tonight probably

coleslawed likes this.
  7. phaynes1

Regular

wonderful man

8. Anyone else going to see him on this upcoming full band tour? Kinda curious how some of the old stuff will translate in that setting

9. George

Trusted Prestigious

It works perfectly. He knows exactly which songs benefit from being fleshed out a bit more, and which are perfect in their sparse, original form. The full band version of King of Spain is a thing of beauty.

Cannot recommend his live performance highly enough.

10. Awesome. I was gonna go regardless, but that's good to hear

11. George

Trusted Prestigious

I've been loving this album for about 9 months now. I got into it in October when I was in Berlin and it absolutely rocked my socks off. The whole thing is just absolutely perfect.

Marvelous album in every single way.

12. Seeing this guy live next week!

muttley likes this.
  13. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Good to hear the full band set-up works well. I'm seeing him next week too (at my favorite venue, the Bijou Theatre in Knoxville). Super excited. I recently became re-obsessed with his discography after falling away from it for a while.

14. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

New song released yesterday.

15. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Revisited Dark Bird this beautiful summer morning. So good.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  16. zmtr

Trusted

17. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't listened to this guy very much over the last two years, which is strange because I used to listen to him all the time. Revisiting some of his albums today to rectify that.

18. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

So I ended up listening to all his albums. I think "There's No Leaving Now" is his best song, while The Wild Hunt is his best album.

coleslawed and zmtr like this.
  19. zmtr

Trusted

The Wild Hunt is his masterpiece but I love them all dearly.

And yeah, all of his piano ballads are fucking excellent. Also, "Bright Lanterns" and "Little Nowhere Towns" are his two most underrated songs.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  20. zmtr

Trusted

Let's hope he puts out something new this year. The 2 newest songs are fantastic.

21. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues

Despite being released only a few months into the decade The Wild Hunt is still among the very best albums released in the 2010s. His masterpiece indeed.

Letterbomb31 and zmtr like this.
  22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I forgot to mention how good the Sometimes the Blues Is Just a Passing Bird EP is. It might even be my favourite release of his honestly, at least 3 of the songs on there would make it into my top 5 of his.

zmtr likes this.
  23. zmtr

Trusted

yep yep yep

Little River is my favorite TTMOE song. Other than Blood Bank I can't think of a better EP.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Any list of top TMOE songs that doesn't have "The Dreamer" on it is wrong.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  25. zmtr

Trusted

Have been binge listening to Matsson the last couple of weeks. Here's one of the best live sets of all time if anyone forgot: