Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Tale (HBO) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 9, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

premieres May 26th

Written and directed by documentarian Jennifer Fox as her first narrative feature, The Tale is based on Fox’s real-life experience. The story features Laura Dern playing a journalist (also named Jennifer) who “faces life-altering questions when a short story she wrote for school at age 13 forces her to re-examine her first sexual relationship — and the stories we tell ourselves in order to survive,”

Common, Ellen Burstyn, Elizabeth Debicki, and Jason Ritter. Isabelle Nélisse, Frances Conroy, and John Heard also star in the film

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Watching this now. Pretty heartbreaking stuff. Laura Dern is unreal

4. Watched it over the weekend. Powerful stuff. I'm really enjoying latter stage Dern, she's been so good recently.

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Never would've guessed an HBO exclusive would be a movie of the year contender for me. I was shattered for so many parts of this

6. I was hoping/expecting this thread would have more posts in it.

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Saw this again about a week ago. You'd think it'd be less crushing when you know what's coming, but nope. Also, Jennifer Fox did a Q&A for the audience and man, she's an amazing person who deserves everything. She also talked about, among other things, how her initial denial of what happened to her was actually part of her acceptance process. Truly eye-opening stuff. Also I got to indirectly remind her to see Widows (which, as mentioned above, also stars Debicki)