Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Szechuan Sauce Fiasco • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

I agree with your statement, regarding fandom. However, I think the internet has made some things way worse and in some ways more pervasive, such as the impact of gullibility and misinformation.

That being said, I hope for people not being swayed to not enjoy something - like a tv show - because a small group that watches it, which thanks to the internet seems disproportionally large, stinks.

2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

On how this reflects on our wider society and economic system

yeahrightdude likes this.
  3. tobytobes

Regular

There are entirely too many fancy words in that statement for most people to understand it, haha.

Raku likes this.
  4. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

late stage capitalism doesn't give us healthcare, job security, job satisfaction, access to affordable housing, access to affordable education, general financial security, general fulfillment in life, or even much political power; the idea is that what it can offer is dumb bullshit (frippery, marginalia) that we can latch onto as meaningful things (talismans) because of some emotional significance we attach like nostalgia (even if its fake, like in this case, where all the people getting mad about this sauce weren't alive for its original run). This whole incident illustrates how it can't even do that right, so with that in mind, what the hell is the point of it?

yeahrightdude likes this.
  5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I don’t know when Bojack and R&M became Yankess and Red Sox but they both scratch very different itches for me

Jonathan and Wharf Rat like this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

most people i know that watch R&M love Bojack as well and vice versa.

Jonathan likes this.
  7. tobytobes

Regular

Thank you, haha

8. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Personally, when I made the statement that Bojack was better, it wasn't to discredit Rick and Morty, I love both shows, even if I won't get in line for some fast food condiment.

They aren't, and I certainly don't view them this way. That said, I pose a hypothetical for you – if you were stranded on an island and could only choose one show to bring, which would it be? Mine would be Bojack, hence why I came up with the comparison. They're both brilliant in their own ways.

9. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Rick and Morty is more entertaining imo. Bojack is the better show for sure, it's just a lot to emotionally digest sometimes.

Jonathan likes this.
  10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Between Bojack Horseman and NieR Automata it's been a very emotionally heavy year in entertainment IMO

Jonathan likes this.