Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Szechuan Sauce Fiasco • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

We really should be thanking Rick and Morty for producing this special group of people to collectively mock.

Raku and swboyd like this.
  2. polarpies

This and the Wolfenstein thing that happened last week are so embarrassingly wacky I hate internet communities.

mercury and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

:: Googles "Wolfenstein" ::

[​IMG]

rxbandit89 and Micool1 like this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Condemning a work or ignoring it due to the worst of the people it brings out of the woodwork is dumb. There were Brand New fans that wanted to break into that lighthouse or whatever because some people got some lyrics books. There may be thousands of neckbeard losers out there that latch to the edge component of the show, but it's a wonderful show made my an amazing, diverse group of people.

goation, suicidesaints, Fox83 and 3 others like this.
  5. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

bums me out my fav adult swim show becoming a meme, but considering i came up around juggalos i know how that goes. :cringe:

Jonathan likes this.
  6. Shrek

I cannot wait for the 30 minute Dan rant we are gonna get on the next Harmontown

7. Those Brand New fans suck a whole lot too.

8. Shrek

For sure, and it would be a shame if that or the Shone craziness kept people from checking the band out. Great art brings awful people. It’s a bummer to see people turned off by the dumbasses, especially when the crew and show are adamant that they detest those losers just as much as we do.

Jonathan likes this.
  9. It does though. Especially when they start being the vocal minority or majority.

Raku likes this.
  10. The fans going insane over the sauce are completely missing the point the show was trying to make when it first mentioned it

Raku, yeahrightdude, mercury and 3 others like this.
    T.J., Essie, electro haikus and 2 others like this.
  13. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Love both shows. Don't think I could pick a favorite. But I think I enjoyed Bojack's S4 more than I did Rick and Morty's S3.

Not a fan of the fanbase. It's getting ridiculous.

14. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Related to fandoms of anything, this is one of my favorite quotes:

The shitty truth is that the upper, say, 5% of every fanbase is fucking insufferable. Basically without variance. There's a fucking guy out there that has like, broccoli t-shirts, broccoli posters, he has a fucking broccoli key chain. And if you're like "Dude, I love broccoli too" he'd say you had no idea what you were talking about. You like broccolini? What about broccoli rabe? I bet you've never even SEEN Chinese broccoli! I eat broccoli with every meal, I can make it 213 different ways, I have a fucking broccoli garden in my back yard.

That's the upper 5% of every fucking interest group. I have no idea why people do this, or how they've convinced themselves this suffices for an identity, but that seems to be the idea.

For me, I'm not going to whole-ass anything. I am half assing all the things. Religiously, even. Guys, you don't have nearly as many fleeting interests as me. I've read like, 85% of wikipedia just for fun. You can't even touch my well-roundedness.

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I just started watching this show after years of everyone praising it.

Like most things that are super popular, it's good (maybe even great) but it's fans are terrible.

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

And yes, Bojack is better.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  17. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

While I enjoy Bojack horseman more as well, they are completely different shows and I've never really thought about which one objectively, is better. Bojack is more serialized and honestly at times you forget it's a cartoon with animals as leads, and it feels just like a drama, a pretty heavy one at times. It's plot is more ground in reality and while there are subplots and moments of zaniness, they're nowhere near the level of R&M leading to completely different feels. They each are what they are and I think it's entirely unfair to the creators of both to say one is 'better'. I like Bojack more but only because it aligns better with my tastes in TV (I generally don't like case/adventure of the week shows, they have to be serialized with at least season long, if not show long arcs).

Micool1 and suicidesaints like this.
  18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

and (while it's not animated
    I only compared the two because someone else in the thread brought it up previously. You're right, they're two completely different shows. They're both animated, but the similarities stop there. Both are great shows, I just feel like Bojack doesn't get the praise it deserves, while R&M might get a little too much. But whatever...

Helloelloallo likes this.
  19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I really need to listen to Bojack.

Jonathan and Turkeylegz like this.
  20. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

oh my god I've been holding back laughter and despair looking at all these screenshots, but when I got to this I lost my shit and giggle-spit coffee all over my desk

Thank you.

Jonathan likes this.
  21. AshlandATeam

Trusted

PREACH.

I'm a big enough fan of Doctor Who to have multiple tattoos referencing it, and have been plowing through the classic seasons and actually enjoying them. And outside of a half dozen friends who also like the show, I literally can't talk to anyone about it without it being a pissing contest about whether or not my opinions are valid because I'm not a 'real enough' fan (and don't get me started on the blatant sexism that was unearthed with the new Doctor's announcement). Those fans ruin everything for everyone.

Related: I thoroughly enjoyed the two seasons of Rick and Morty that are on Hulu, and was excited about the third until I saw all the insanity from the unhinged fanbase. Also, it's weird to think that social conservatives could be fans of virtually any of Dan Harmon's work, since he's pretty blatantly not on their side of anything.

The world is crazy. TV should be an escape, and instead, all it does is reinforce how crazy things are. Hooray.

Helloelloallo likes this.
  22. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I never really understood anything about this until now. My old roomie liked the show but wasn’t a crazed fan, but I’ve yet to watch any of it. But holy shit this is embarrassing.

23. House Of Wolves

I hate this show. Watch Bojack instead.

24. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

I watch and enjoy both shows. Enjoy R&M more, BoJack is a depression contest, honestly.

Disappointed to see a few comments lambasting the show as if these idiots were any part of it, and not a product of a mentally unsound modern society.

zigbigwig, rxbandit89 and Jonathan like this.
  25. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I'm disappointed that you think this one incident represents a mentally unsound modern society. We have always had obessive fans of all manner of things throughout time. People have lined up to see Elvis and The Beatles and people have lined up to purchase Tomatgochis and Iphones so it's not a new thing. We just report, analyze and criticize things way more now thanks to this thing known as the internet.

Raku likes this.