Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Szechuan Sauce Fiasco • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 9, 2017.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Of all the things to protest about, Rick and Morty fans lose it over this.

Raku, Turkeylegz and yeahrightdude like this.
  2. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

What exactly is being protested? Admittedly I haven't followed this at all, as a moderate fan of the show. I saw that demand was very high and went through very limited inventory, but now the sauce is being brought back to all locations (more or less full-time) in the Winter? I haven't seen anything about protests (yet) but like I said, haven't been watching that closely.

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would consider fans vowing to never eat McDonald’s again due to the location not having the sauce as a form of protest.

Raku likes this.
  4. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Dramatic (and dumb), but I've seen this type of reaction from all sorts of fanbases. Honestly, if they vow never to eat McDonalds again, it wouldn't be the worst thing for their health… :eh:

Raku, rxbandit89, Robk and 5 others like this.
  6. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Whenever someone talks about Trump playing 3D chess…
    [​IMG]

Bryan Diem likes this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My favorite part is "100s screwed over." Oh my god, they were in the 100s?!

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Kingjohn_654, Turkeylegz and Jonathan like this.
  9. I’ve been posting these for two days in the politics thread and it’s the only good thing 2017 has brought us.

Kingjohn_654 and Sean Murphy like this.
  10. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

That dude is a total Jerry.

swboyd, Kingjohn_654 and Turkeylegz like this.
  11. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I feel everyone that shoots down non-fans for not being "smart enough" are the same people that just shout "pickle rick" and think it is the most clever phrase ever uttered.

I really like the show. I can remember saying several times while watching it that it is on track to becoming one of the best adult cartoons. The problem is that rabid fan bases can ruin anything, through no fault of the creator. I can remember the same thing happening with Twenty One Pilots, for example.

Fans will condemn you for not liking something but also scoff at any "casual" fans. Entertainment has become a competition. It really makes things that once brought people together and makes it unapproachable to anyone wanting to enjoy it on a "casual" level.

aniafc likes this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Show is great, overzealous fans are dumb. As I said before, if the internet were more widely utilized when shows like The Simpsons or Seinfeld were on, we'd be seeing the same exact shit. Rick and Morty isn't an anomaly. It's a dorky show that appeals to dorks who like to dork around on the internet a lot, so we see it more than the shitty, misogynistic people who like other popular shows as well.

emeryk3, sleepy, goation and 2 others like this.
  13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

This sauce non-sense is ridiculous. McDonalds really just have just left it with sending the co-creator that large container of it and moved on. Seeing them actually bring the sauce back is like seeing your parents quoting memes.

I love the show but can't stand "fans" who would insult or deride others for non liking it or the rest of the terrible stuff that's gone on with verbal abuse of the writers of season 3. I prefer less people liked it actually so I could actually have a chance to buy stuff from the Rickmobile.

14. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Thank meme culture for this. serious. Was just talking to a friend about how ridiculous it's gotten in the past few years.

Raku and Turkeylegz like this.
  15. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I wish McDonalds didn't try to appease them after just to piss them off more.

Raku and Turkeylegz like this.
  16. Raku and Jonathan like this.
  17. Raku likes this.
  18. Turkeylegz

Trusted

So when this rolls out in December we can expect no one there, right?

Raku likes this.
  19. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

At least in the hundreds! >-p

Fucking Dustin and Turkeylegz like this.
  20. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Rick and Morty is a laugh out loud show to me, but I don't at all understand anyone arguing that you have to be smart to enjoy it lol. A lot of it is pretty dumb.

Edit: Also, BoJack Horseman IS much better ;)

21. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I love that show, but man, those super "fans" are the worst.

22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

FB_IMG_1507600859016.jpg

Sean Murphy, mercury, y2jayjk and 4 others like this.
    Raku, suicidesaints and Jonathan like this.
  24. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I haven't watched anything more than a few clips of the show, and I have even less of an urge to after today lol

Raku likes this.
  25. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Wait, the guy didn't sleep and eat because he didn't get a sauce? Seriously?

Raku and Jonathan like this.