Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Swellers Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Aug 31, 2016.

1. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Miss this band. Best I Ever Had is like that last great nostalgic pop punk song for me. Blasted that song all summer after I graduated college.

trevorshmevor and JRGComedy like this.
  2. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

This filled a very large Swellers shape hole of things that I didn't know were missing. Will be jamming a lot later.

3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

You (and apparently @Joe4th) were at the same kalamazoo shows I was at 'cause they played montreal screwjob at least once at one of those shows and I remember being surprised.

Joe4th likes this.
  4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Yes! We were there together with a huge group of friends. This band was my life from 2010 till they broke up. A couple of us ran one of those tumblr fan blogs and we were always posting about it. They learned how to play it as a surprise for us.

bigmike and Joe4th like this.
  5. personalmaps

bigmike and Joe4th like this.
  6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Was this the second time they played at the strutt? They played there like twice in two years so I always confuse which set was which. One of those two shows it was legit 90 degrees out at show time and sweltering inside. Man I miss the strutt.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Montreal Screwjob is great

8. personalmaps

That was the summer show- I’m pretty sure it was July of 2011, the month after the GFM release shows. That show was insane. I got smashed into the stage and have a permanent dent in my thigh from the bruise it left. I’m surprised no one had a heat stroke. I’m pretty sure the air conditioning broke. Jono cut his hand and bled through the encore lmao.

bigmike likes this.
  9. personalmaps

I think my other favorite show was the 10th anniversary show in flint. We painted the Hammerberg rock and got interviewed for the paper.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Running thru their discography today. So upset I never saw them and never will get to see them :(

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  11. i never did either, seemed like they were always playing fest or pre fest in FL and i could never seem to be able to afford that stuff

12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Right. That's actually my friend's video. My other friend with me that night filmed The Best I Ever Had from that show. I also remember getting yelled at for "blocking" the AC by one of the local band's mothers even though we were standing in front of the 2x2 floor vent .

13. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Spinning Good For Me right now and "The Damage" might be my favorite Swellers song.

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to that album yesterday at the pool. Better Things hit me pretty hard.

Jdaniels and trevorshmevor like this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

:heart:

16. personalmaps

i still get emotional watching this!!!!!!!!

nfdv2 and Joe4th like this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

18. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Baggage is touring this summer around Jono's 30th birthday.

19. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Posting here just to express, in words, how amazing both Hands and Red Lights are and how I could listen to each song 18 trillion times in a row without ever getting tired of them.

I miss this band.

20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the new warm thoughts album reminds me of them a little bit

KidLightning and Snoblin like this.
  21. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Hands is a jam and a half.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Running out of Places To Go EP is so solid.

Hands, Making Waves and the title track are easily some of their best

trevorshmevor and Joe4th like this.
  23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

One of my favorite ever eps

jordalsh likes this.
  24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully they pull a Gaslight Anthem and on a much smaller scale do a 10 year one off show for Ups and Downsizing

smowashere likes this.
  25. personalmaps

I will personally fist fight Nick Diener if they never do any anniversary shows, this is my solemn vow.

Snoblin, bigmike, ugman_2000 and 4 others like this.