Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Swellers Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Aug 31, 2016.

1. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

On The Line, Prime Meridian, Better Things, those are probably my favorites. Great album.

2. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, definitely going to listen to GFM this morning.

I still have the carabiner from the pre-order. It’s seen better days

upload_2022-8-12_8-53-8.jpeg

3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t wear my swellers sock anymore because if I do I’m certain there’ll be a hole in them when I’m done because I’ve worn them out.

4. Barcara

Regular

My biggest merch regret is never picking up the "Started from the bottom (still there)" shirt back in the day. Still think about it haha

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

As someone who thought they could fit in Mediums during this bands time, I have probably like 12 shirts in storage that don't fit me and it's impossible to find any of their merch anywhere bums me out haha

6. Prime Meridian is a big high point for this band for sure. Still love that groove in the Nothing More To Me bridge too, some of Jono’s best work

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Aside from a couple vinyls, the pride and joy piece of merch from this band is my “Waves” logo banner. It’s so sick. Hangs in the garage till this day haha.

bigmike and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  8. Kylee

Regular

I still have a Swellers squirtgun tucked away somewhere.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Same! Forgot about those haha

10. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I had a couple different medium Swellers shirts that are currently lost to time - a tie-dye shirt and a Bret Hart rip. Pretty sure those ended up in Goodwill donations years ago.

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

nothing more to me a+ song

12. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

Yeah I threw on Good For Me while driving to pick up dinner and it really does rule

13. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I forgot about their EP they self funded/released before the light under closed doors. That EP might be my favorite of their work to be honest.

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Its my favorite thing they did too. I own it on vinyl. It’s one of my favs.

JRGComedy, bigmike and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  15. running out of places to go is maybe their best song

16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I agree. Wish I could’ve seen it live. Still, getting to see them in a coffee shop headline with fake problems was incredible.

17. This band was special and I hope they do something again one day.

18. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

AlwaysEvolving21 and JRGComedy like this.
  19. I think Sleeper is their best song

20. Phantom Mountain Aug 21, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2022)
    Phantom Mountain

Transgender Princess

That is a fair choice. Ups and Downsizing is their best album imo. I'm a bit biased since that was what got me into them, though.

bigmike and JRGComedy like this.
  21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I went to a coffee shop this morning and happened to sit at a table that Jon Diener was at. Before I packed up I mentioned that I love his coffee company and that I missed the swellers and it turned into a 20-25 minute conversation. Absolutely wild to connect on a professional level with him given what the swellers meant to me. Super fun!

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I caught their last show in San Diego and before the show Me, Jon and Nick legit talked about burritos and farts for 20 minutes.

Then during the show Jon kept trying to get my attention when he had to fart while playing haha.

Damn, I miss these guys!

bigmike and smowashere like this.
  23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Still a banger.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This should have been one of the biggest pop punk songs ever. Still doesn't make sense

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Such a good song

JoshIsMediocre and bigmike like this.