Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Swellers Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Aug 31, 2016.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Who misses these dudes? I do. I really wish they stayed together.

Whats your favorite Swellers song?

Mine's between "Making Waves" and "Got Social"

2. Jake Z

Regular

How does this thread have no replies? Such an amazing band, that is sorely missed. Should have been huge. I am listening to ''Not safe to drink'' right now. What a way to go out. Long live The Swellers.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yes. Killer song. Wish it were longer haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

If you know me, you know I am a massive fan of these boys. I'm happy to see they're still making music with new bands, but I will always miss hearing new Swellers tunes.

Way back in 2007, this guy named Jono emailed me on AP.net to review his bands album, My Everest. I was doing user reviews back at this time, so I used to talk to a lot of indie bands and they were one of them. I worked graveyard shift at a grocery store, and I listened to that record so much during my bike rides there & home, and over the PA system in the store while I stocked shelves. Jono and I became pretty friendly and spoke regularly on AIM (lol), and right before they signed with FBR, he sent me a few demos from their new album (what would be Ups & Downsizing). I'm pretty sure I told him I would singlehandedly promote and hype them up haha. I loved them and still think U&D is their best, but GFM is underrated as hell, and they ended on a high note, with what's prob their second best (to me).

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Good For Me is my fav, followed by Ups and Downsizing.

Sent Nick some demos back in the day and he took the time to listen to them and reply, which was amazing.

Really wish they had played a show anywhere near me, I'm bummed that I couldn't monetarily support them in that way.

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

One of my favorite bands. Even if they're not the same I'm glad we've got baggage now to keep us going

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Nick is in a new band called The Apology Tour. The song they released sounds like old weezer.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

One of my favorite bands. Sending that Michigan love

9. fishguts182

Regular

Love this band, they should of been bigger than they were.

10. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Huge fan of these guys. They toured Aus a couple of times, I saw them play at this middle-of-nowhere bar with like 14 other people in the crowd, but it was sick. They were having so much fun on stage and Nick is such a good dude, met him after the show.

Saw them on the final Soundwave tour as well, which was killer. 'This Is My Everest' is one of my favourite songs of all time, and 'Sleeper' and 'Red Lights' are always in my regularly played songs. Might have to give all their albums a listen again soon, miss them heaps.

11. The Light Under Closed Doors means so much to me :verysad:

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Jake Z likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

hi i just discovered this band tonight and i cant believe i let them slide under my radar im so sad that theyre gone i shouldve been there to help support maybe i couldve done something maybe i couldve made a difference.

14. Jdaniels

Regular

They say a real man does his own stunts and to measure twice, then jump once. I need to steady my hands if I wanna quit this race.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  15. cherrywaves

Trusted

Good for Me is one of my favorite albums, never felt like it got its due as a strong collection of songs

16. i love this band ugh

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  17. The Swellers meant so, so much to me. Hopped on board with Ups, favorite is probably Good For Me. Nothing less than a stellar release in the bunch though. Drove out to Anaheim to see their last ever show in the U.S. and it was probably the most most special show I've been to, definitely the closest I've come to crying at a concert hah. Such a shame they never took off. Signing to FBR was like the best and worst thing ever for them, I feel.

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

this band has hit me at the right time and I'm OBSESSED. I have 61 songs in my library and have been playing them non-stop today. These guys are such great songwriters.

19. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

Good for me is awesome! Never checked out their other stuff..will do at work on monday! Thanks for reminding me!

jordalsh likes this.
  20. what is your favorite song

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  21. CoffeeEyes17

Big Hearts, Prime Meridian, or Running Out Of Places To Go. Wbu

22. Rare to see love for Prime Meridian, but yeah I love that song

23. CoffeeEyes17

yeah the back half of Good For Me has a lot of mid tempo jams and I think thats the best one.

JRGComedy likes this.
  24. high/low, running out..., should, call it a night, warming up

JRGComedy and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

These guys borrow a lot from 90s alt rock and I love it. Good For Me and The Light Under Closed Doors scream Third Eye Blind and Weezer.

Another thing I like is how they progressed naturally and interestingly. Messing with structure, putting emphasis on bridges, time signature changes and just playing around with tempos. Its really cool and feels natural.

JRGComedy and jordalsh like this.