Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Summer Set Returns

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

this isn't a name i expected to see anytime soon

think this band always exemplified some of the limits of the 'scene' for me. some really great pop music hampered by trying to fit into the warped tour crowd.

zachmacD and theasteriskera like this.
  3. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Wow didn’t expect this but so happy they are back! Loved all the records and hoping they have another one not just a song or two

4. SFguitar

Regular

Seems like they were always on the cusp of making it big. Excited for new stuff.

zachmacD likes this.
  5. sowrongitsryan

Regular

I think their sophomore full length album was their bid to break out of the scene - it didn’t exactly catch on with (and I’m not even sure if it was promoted to) mainstream audiences. When going mainstream doesn’t work out - you gotta get in where you fit in, just like every artist in every genre. Happy to have them back. They have a refreshing pop/rock sound that none of the other bands are quite providing right now (except perhaps the maine).

theasteriskera likes this.
  6. heymattrick

Sending my love

Summer Set and The Cab news on the same day?!

Brent likes this.
  7. WasteSomeTime

Regular

what’s the cab news?

8. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Brent likes this.
  9. fbrrocks

Trusted

so happy they are back mins josh

10. Clockwork

Regular

Tbh Stories for Monday was kind of my favorite album by them so I was always disappointed they didn't make more. Excited for this.

theasteriskera and Brent like this.
  11. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

SO EXCITED FOR THIS (and The Cab).

12. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

chelsea was my absolute jam back in the day haha. Glad to see em back.

JamesMichael likes this.
  13. Itsdanixx

Interesting that The Summer Set and The Cab both announced they were reuniting on the exact same day… coincidence or deliberate?

Brent and theasteriskera like this.
  14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

100%. I loved that first album during my college years but everything after didn't stick with me minus a few songs.

RileyWitiw likes this.
  15. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Ok great, now all we need is Forever the Sickest Kids as well

MysteryKnight, thedrudo and SFguitar like this.
  16. Itsdanixx

Whoa Oh!

Jfletch likes this.
  17. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Not at all comparable in style, but I hope they come back from a 4-5 year hiatus & drop a self-titled album like The Dangerous Summer did. The Summer Set needs a s/t magnum opus

"I'm a bit too pop for the punk kids, but I'm too punk for the pop kids.... cause I don't fit in with the in crowd, but I'm too Hollywood to go back to my home town"

I was a huge fan for the whole ride, but I return to Stories for Monday WAY more than any other release.

18. nah that dudes like a raging trump supporter now lmao. Pass on FTSK

heymattrick and theasteriskera like this.
  19. I’m very here for this though. Loved this band. And the cab

20. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Wooow this is huge. Stories for Monday is a fantastic record hopefully we get the proper follow-up we all deserve! Honestly could careless about The Cab and all their false hype, give me Every Avenue over them any day.

21. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I would Every Avenue to come back full time. Their first two albums were played so much during my college years also haha. I wasn't a huge fan of their last record but I'm sure new material (if they ever released) would be dope.

SFguitar and parkerxcore like this.
  22. Jfletch

Newbie Supporter

Every Avenue is one of those bands I wonder what happened to. Sometimes I sit on my bed and wonder if they are looking at the same stars I am looking at. I enjoyed them and wish they would come back.

Brent and parkerxcore like this.
  23. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I strongly believe EA owed us all a proper follow-up to Bad Habits that record was such a good push in the right direction.

Brent likes this.
  24. SFguitar

Regular

That first album is nothing but pop punk bangers! I agree that 3rd record was weak. They need a reunion for sure.

Brent likes this.
  25. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Please add The Morning Of and Sing It Loud to this list. Eff it, A Rocket To The Moon, too.