Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Strokes Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Apr 28, 2016.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Ah, fuck. Oh well hopefully a Voidz album is soon

2. radiodead

Trusted

That's a bummer. Dismissing the great songs on Angles and Comedown Machine is a mistake though. There are a lot of great songs between those 2 records.

beachdude42 and ComedownMachine like this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Tbh I'm not surprised at all. This band has been dysfunctional from the beginning and I don't know if they'll ever really be able to pull together and make a truly great album again.

4. beachdude

Definitely. Even though I think they've been dysfunctional they've had some consistently great songs throughout the years, even though the narrative is that everything since the first two albums is "diminishing returns" or whatever. I just don't see them ever REALLY returning to their former glory, but then again very few bands this far in ever do.

5. radiodead

Trusted

They are the epitamy of "imagine if we actually enjoyed doing this how good we could be". They are so tight live it's almost unfair.

beachdude42 and kyle like this.
  6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Tyranny is one of the most underrated albums of the last few years and I'm in love with it so this excites me

beachdude42, thedrudo and Aregala like this.
  7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Weird. Nick said they were slowly working on a new album a few months back. I wouldn't be surprised it's happening.

Anyone listen to CRX yet?

8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

fuck the voidz

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

CRX had some good tunes, I wouldn't mind Nick exploring more with that direction in the future.

That said, being a fan of these guys is just one of those things. Especially if you're like me and were a bit too young for their inception and prime. Like, damn haha.

thedrudo likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Comedown Machine has some good shit. Tap Out is great.

Aregala likes this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly some days it's my favorite album of theirs

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Aregala likes this.
  13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It Never Rains In Southern California too!

14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. beachdude

16. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

not a good look

dude does not seem well, apparently instagramed a picture of him and his ex-wife last night then deleted it

17. I've never liked Ryan Adams.

18. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I am a tremendous Ryan Adams fan and am worried that something has gone awry in his personal life. Though my opinion on The Strokes' view of him leans more towards them trying to find a scapegoat, I hope everything is a-ok.

19. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

This zing is pretty great.

"I should've forced them to get addicted to writing better songs. Too bad @thekillers did it for them.”

20. radiodead

Trusted

The Killers have got to be one of the more overrated bands in recent memory. They have a lack of great songs (though they have some for sure). They are today's equivalent of Journey. Some really big songs. But no truly great albums. Uneven stuff.

21. SEANoftheDEAD Nov 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2017)
    SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Why am I just now realizing how great this band is.

I've always enjoyed their singles, but just dove into their discography this week. Pretty great stuff in there.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

So good.

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone who hasn't heard it- listen to Tyranny right now. Sometimes it's my favorite thing Julian has done

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Checking out now

ComedownMachine likes this.
  25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Spring, I believe

They've been playing 6 songs from it live

thenewtypetheory likes this.