Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Streets Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by PauLo, Apr 13, 2020.

1. PauLo

43% Burnt

Thought I’d create a thread on them as I’m not sure if they’re popular enough on here to warrant a thread for the new album that was just announced.

Talking of which...

Some interesting features including Tame Impala, Idles and Greentea Peng

2. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

huh, weird timing - was just thinking about him for the first time in years because I watched the Inbetweeners movie last night which he apparently did the soundtrack for

3. PauLo

43% Burnt

Need to give the new tape a listen still. Not really enjoyed a project since his second album, so a little hesitant that it may not be any good haha

Talking of things that aren't good, this review for his first album is... *face palm* The Streets: Original Pirate Material

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

carried over from the hip hop thread but i peeped the debut for the first time and this fucking rules

5. PauLo

43% Burnt

Everything about Original Pirate Material reminds me of my late teens and where I was in my life. But it’s more than just a nostalgia buzz. I can’t describe it. It just takes me back yet it still sounds fresh and new and innovative.

I remember hearing Has It Come To This? on the radio for the first time and thinking it was garbage. But there’s something about the piano line throughout that eats away at you and stays in your head for years. It’s probably my favourite track of his now.

6. PauLo

43% Burnt

Finally got around to listen to his new one and it’s probably the best thing he’s done since A Grand Don’t Come For Free. Really good stuff and the features work really well.

7. PauLo

43% Burnt

New album out and it’s really good.