Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Straight-Edge/Sober Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by mgiannotti, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I feel like straight edge implies some sort of moral stance (but maybe it doesn't) so I don't assume the label but man I just don't think alcohol is exciting. I have some bad experiences with family and alcohol which put me off it already, but it tastes bad and I don't like the feeling. once a friend kept bringing me glasses of wine and it was the most unpleasant feeling when I got a lil spinny after I laid down. And it's expensive! I'm finally at the stage where I feel comfortable being like naw I'll just have a cup of tea.

2. SincerelyEmma

I haven’t really used the “straight edge” label since I was a teenager obsessed with Have Heart lol but I’m in my mid-20s now and still 100% sober. I don’t envy my friends’ bar tabs.

disambigujason likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I don't know, I use it as a shorthand for myself, because to me sober or whatever implies that I ever really did drink or did drugs or whatever and because me not drinking or doing drugs is also not just because I don't like the taste (because I do like the taste of some stuff). There's a certain degree of conviction behind me not doing all that. The again, I wouldn't call myself punk, which to some people is required to say straightedge. So yeah, whatever.

4. SincerelyEmma

I think a big part of the reason I don’t use straight edge as a descriptor is because 95% of people I meet don’t know what the term means and I don’t want to have to launch into an explanation every time I don’t order a drink at a bar.