Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Straight-Edge/Sober Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by mgiannotti, Apr 21, 2016.

1. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Who else here is or was edge/sober/going on a t-break/whatever?

One of my buds started calling me Edge Mike as a joke years ago and now it's escalated into my actual nickname.

US Camera and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

3. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

they call me edge joe

muttley and Wharf Rat like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

JUND JUND JUND JUND... BOUNCE

5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

The Wrong Side - When The Ink Leaves Your Fist is probably my favorite straight edge song.

Two words....

STRAIGHT FUCKING EDGE!

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

straight edge and sober but not for moral/ideological reasons, just don't like the taste of alcohol and so OCD that the idea of getting drunk or high and losing control scares me

7. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Same here, I'm terrified something awful would happen if I ever got even a little drunk or high

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

I've been sober the past five months just bc drinking and smoking started making me crazy anxious

mgiannotti likes this.
  9. futures

I'm straight edge / sober too. I was never into drugs/smoking/drinking even when I was younger, though people always assumed I was a pothead. No idea why. On the other hand, I never got into the straight edge music scene, either.

These days, though, I have a medical condition which leaves me with a super strict diet. Most notably gluten, soy, caffeine & alcohol free.

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I don't really call myself straight edge or sober but I guess I almost am? I'm a control freak. When I don't have absolute control over all my senses I get really anxious. Not just with drinking either. I don't like the dark since I can't see my surroundings, I don't like blasting my headphones and not being able to hear everything around me, etc. Like once a year someone will insist on buying me a drink and I'm like "I guess if you want to waste your money on me waiting until it's all watered down and then nursing the same one all night, ok..." but that's about it

J.C. likes this.
  11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I never started drinking because of a medical condition. As i got older, though, i realized i didn't need to be so stringent, but the appeal was just never there for me either. My rationale in high school was largely moral; i admittedly detested drinking. i still identify as edge today, but my reasoning has naturally changed. Nowadays its largely because I can't stand the taste, don't wanna spend the money, like to be in control - all that stuff.

12. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

this was always my primary anxiety, though i got better with it as i got older. when i was really young it was a fear of thunder, then it manifested itself as just a broad fear of the universe, like something potentially happening to the sun. basically anything that was out of human hands frightened me. by my teens the scope had narrowed a bit, i was more afraid of things like huge crowds in open space. never liked being in a sea of humanity, makes you feel v small and not in control. not for me.

Kiana likes this.
  13. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Yeah, it was never a thing I thought about as a kid, I just didn't drink or smoke. Then I started listening to a loooot of Rise Against and was like "Oh, straight edge, there's a word for what I do." All my friends currently drink a lot and are stoners, so I always carry around a lighter with me because they always lose theirs.

js977 likes this.
  14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm straight edge.

SlappinCups, Ken and Kennedy like this.
  15. murrich

I drink and smoke occasionally so my friends call me Non Edge Alex

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

17. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Bump.

Anyone else thinking of taking a break from drinking or just me?

18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I am. I tend to abuse alcohol the once or twice a month I drink. Really need to cut it out completely.

20. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

I've noticed that I can't go more than 2 days without drinking and thats really bothering me. Going to take a break until I drop some weight. I got an app on my phone to track it. It monitors the money you save too.

21. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

GrantCloud, Ken and SlappinCups like this.
  22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

GrantCloud, Ken and SlappinCups like this.
  23. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

wot

24. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m straight edge, with maybe the exception of the very rare desert that has alcohol in it. I’m not quite sure how it started, but, with very few exceptions, it’s always been that way and the reasons have started pillig up over time, both in general and within my circle.

disambigujason likes this.
  25. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I don't consider myself edge but I don't ever drink (everything with alcohol I've tried tasted like shit) and I didn't really like the way pot made me feel the few times I smoked so I don't do that either. Or anything else, for that matter