Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far Release Two New Songs • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 20, 2018.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Was initially hesitant because I love all three of their albums, but I love this kind of sound so I am down with this.

I'm seeing them in a month and a half on their UK tour with Citizen and All Get Out so we'll see how these sound live.

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Saw them open for Coheed, they were pretty good and the Led Zeppelin cover was a nice surprise.

3. dorfmac

Trusted

Upside Down is the best song I’ve heard from them. Their other albums all sound the same, so it’s refreshing to hear something that goes beyond him singing/yelling and alternating between high notes and low notes every few words.

4. reesy

Loving these, I think this album is going to be pretty special. A lot of people have shown concern over Upside Down's lyrics as if they are signalling their end. I think the song is just Parker saying he is tired of singing about girls and wants to move forward and let the past go. Couple of my favourites:

"Have to channel how you made me feel
    To play every show"

"Carry baggage I can't put down
    Every show, every night, every town"

SamLevi11 likes this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that is how I feel about it too. I know after a gig once he explained how he hates playing songs like Mt Diablo or Daughters cause he hates the lyrics.

6. Mikeydude91

I've been spinning that song nonstop