Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - Proper Dose (September 21st, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Especially when the perpetrators are the bands themselves and the victims are young fans.

ryanfears likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This album is taking forever.

3. Not huge on this band but I think Sam is trolling .

The record is 100% done.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

If you read the replies you can see he's just messing around. It's definitely done. I'm predicting an April or May release.

5. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

I find it funny how they've been releasing their albums the same year as The Wonder Years since 2011. I know the 2-3 year cycle is pretty common, but still.

6. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

For some reason I thought this band was done. The last record wasn’t very good, and their previous work has aged poorly - specifically in terms of lyrical content.

slowheart likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think their last album was good and I still listen to it while I jog. A lot of bands have horrible lyrics on their old material but they don't break up over it lol

Fall Out Boy is an example.

8. Snoblin

Fall Out Boy also had horrible lyrics in 2003, not 2011 - which is nearly a decade for the culture to mature beyond the sexist habit of shaming women. However, context shouldn't allow us to glorify what FOB wrote in 2003 either.

cwhit likes this.
  9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i also hate people who come into threads to slam bands they think are bad

this is different: this is slamming a bad band with a bad frontman doing bad things at a bad concert

Anthony_ likes this.
  10. Anthony_

Looks like the band is gearing up to dropkick the new record into fans' ears sometime this Spring.

Serh, cwhit, Carrow and 1 other person like this.
  11. justin. Feb 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I only pointed out that lyrical content isn't something bands look into when deciding to break up.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Were you meaning to respond to a post that's over a month old but didn't quote it? There wasn't a comment today where "I also hate...." would have been a fitting response.

13. Snoblin

I never said those were the reasons a band should take into account when breaking up. You just interpreted it that way.

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Due to that being mentioned directly after you thought the band was done I took the lyrical content and now much you didn't like their last album as reasons why you thought that.

My b.

15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

That's great. While it's difficult to copy Parker's vocals the guitars were spot on.

17. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I've liked everything the band has done so I'll probably enjoy this. The lyrics definitely need to go back to the second record's style, where they were more focused inward rather than at some female Parker perceives as having wronged him. That's what made WYDS their best record.

The last single was a good step towards that I thought.

19. I agree about lyrical direction, but I'd also be okay if he never puts a phrase like "appropriate opiate" in a song again.

justin. likes this.
  20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I feel like with some of the stuff that has happened recently (Lil Peep for instance) that line really doesn't sit well.

BigMouth likes this.
  21. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I have no evidence to back this up, but I have a feeling the new album will be released in June or July. I'd like to have it sooner though.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Soon as possible pls.

23. btr

Trusted Supporter

DeRRek, justin., ryanfears and 2 others like this.
  24. Anthony_

Wonder how big of an influence the Dropkick Murphys were on this one

marceting, Carrow and Serh like this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This took me about a minute