Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - Proper Dose (September 21st, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Sep 13, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

so what's your reasoning for "seeing past" neck deep's issues then? If some troubling lyrics could end your relationship with TSSF

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly, I don't know much about what happened with them, but it does taint my view of Neck Deep (or at least of Dani and Fil). Again, I admit to really enjoying Neck Deep's music and have done since I saw them live in mid 2012. From what I've heard they snapchatted some girl asking for nudes or something (if this is wrong feel free to let me know)? Shitty and awful behaviour no doubt, but I'm hoping the members concerned have learned it isn't an acceptable thing to do, it degrades women, and wouldn't dream of doing it again.

I give people second chances (to a limit of course). That's who I am as a person in real life too, I give people a chance to learn from their mistakes. I see merit in their music and art, their last album genuinely helped me a lot, and I am grateful for that, and that's why I listen still.

3. algae

Regular Prestigious

The only thing band dudes who are predatory are gonna learn is to be more sneaky about it

Parker definitely hates women but OBVIOUSLY he's not going to say that. Also of course that girl who got kicked is not going to say anything negative because she's a fan and there's a huge power imbalance and I'm sure she'd get heat if she said anything else. Plus most of the comments on the video that I saw were not in her favor, which probably made her feel like she was in the wrong. Classic abuser technique!

I'm not even sure why this band still exists sounds they're pumping out the same hot garbage after all these years and I guess y'all AbsolutePunkers are still stagediving and finger pointing about it

4. cwhit

A few of Neck Deep's members are being accused of sending nudes to under-age girls • r/poppunkers

bunch of members taking advantage of underaged fans for nudes

5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Hmmm interesting. That's pretty much what I thought. Lloyd was rightfully kicked out. Dani and Fil should have definitely have something happened to them too. They got another chance clearly (for whatever reason) and that's good for them I guess but it's still gross. Whilst I believe in second chances it's still absolutely maddening that this is happening.

It definitely makes me uneasy about the band, no matter if I enjoy the music.

I think a lot of this sort of behaviour can clearly be seen in the fact that there's a real "lad" culture amongst young men here in the UK and I hate it. I assume it exists in the US too and it's got to be down to some form of lack of education. I feel like there should be a lesson in school at a young age where the boys are taken aside and have a lesson learning why this sort of behaviour is wrong.

cwhit likes this.
  6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The literally only 1 page of discussion about the song (which has a majority of comments saying "yep, same sound same band") and then 3 pages about the shitty past of the band should indicate us AbsolutePunkers certainly aren't that invested anymore.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Some bands can ride on the same sound for a while as long as the sound wasn't terrible from the beginning. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Idk, I'd say their FreshnessExpired

Carrow, SamLevi11, dadbolt and 5 others like this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Why don't you just Comedown from that sort of talk.

10. This is the stupidest thread, jeez. It kinda feels like at this point people come to these threads JUST to bash bands.

11. cwhit

where is band bashing? nobody is bashing the band. they are just making it clear about the horrible things the band has done.

knowledge is important.

Carrow, Joel and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

poor defenseless pop punk bands who will protec them from the big bad bullies

Carrow, Anthony_ and Joel like this.
  13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous

Like what you like, quit defending bad behaviour and acting like accountability is a bad thing! It's soooo easy

Anthony_ and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  14. it is January 1st 2018 and Parker Cannon has not even acknowledged what he did; either the incident that sparked backlash or a similar incident in 2015 - much less apologised for either one. The dude needs to learn that kicking fans of your band off stage because they had the audacity to come up there and take a selfie or whatever is still considered unprovoked assault & is an incredibly bad look. TSSF are obviously just looking to sweep this shit under the carpet, which wasn't OK then and sure as shit isn't OK now.

just bumping this thread in case they release any more music this year. PC won't say shit about either incident because he's a fucking coward. fuck this band.

15. Why are you wasting your time bumping a band you don't support? He has no reason to apologize. It was a stupid move but it's not exactly groundbreaking. Way more violent stuff happens in the pit.

16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

He absolutely should apologize but it should have happened long ago

17. Yeah that's what I meant, it wouldn't make sense to do it almost 2 years after the fact.

Carrow likes this.
  18. I'm more pissed off with the way TSSF have seemingly just swept both of these instances under the rug and tried to carry on after their frontman took matters into his own hands and kicked fans off stage rather than have security handle them. Anyway, he shouldn't have done those things, and if he was in any way sorry he would have addressed them in a timely manner after the fact.

Bands have done worse things and avoided addressing them, but accountability wasn't as expected 3 years ago as it is today in this scene. They're going to have this hanging over them to some extent, is what I'm saying. They deserve to be known as That Band With the Dude Who Assaulted Fans on Two Separate Occasions but it's not likely to happen.

19. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

If you made a mistake I dont Think you’d go around talking about I.T every day.

20. cwhit

none of that "way more violent stuff" should happen either

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  21. This is absolutely a fair point but I also think you have to consider context. It's not exactly easy to call security in the middle of the song without compromising performance. That being said, a statement would have been nice. I doubt it'll ever happen, though.

I agree, but unfortunately it does. The only difference here is that it was onstage vs in the crowd, so it's way more apparent.

22. cwhit

“Unfortunately it does” doesn’t mean we need to just let it happen and stand for it and pretend like it’s okay tho

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Did they never mention it? I felt like they must have considering how much it blew up but that must have been my memory playing tricks on me

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It blew up on sites like this but that’s about it.

After the girl publicly said she took no foul intent from Parker, it probably felt like a closed case to him.

If you want an apology from him, try messaging him on Instagram because it’s the only social media he uses.

25. Never said that. Of course we need to promote a safer scene. Violence at shows goes way too far and shouldn’t happen.