Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - Proper Dose (September 21st, 2018) Album • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Sep 13, 2017.

1. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I’m quite late on this but I love the song Upside Down

It should be too mellow and poppy but that bass guitar just anchors it perfectly

DeRRek and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  2. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

After almost a year with this album and it’s still my favorite. Still so fresh. Works well with end of summer. I want another tour !

3. Yeah this record is still so sick and really hits perfectly at this time of year

4. it had been a couple months since i'd listened to this so i busted it out yesterday on my drive to get some bagels, and boy oh boy does it still kick ass!

5. drummerAVA

Trusted

Bagels DO kick ass, yeah...

6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Coming up to Autumn and I’ll be playing this a lot again. I think it’s the perfect end of Summer album for me.

And yeah this album is easily their best and still slays hard!

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Coming from a big WYDS fan - this is easily their best album to date.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The only thing that sucks is Parker’s low energy Oasis stance at shows now lol

9. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

its so fuckin corny lmao

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It’s honestly the worst. I saw them on their headline tour last year with Citizen/Turnover, and while they sounded great, it just took the energy down a notch for me. It’s even more lame when you watch YouTube videos of their sets at big shows like Leeds lol

With that said, I’m still seeing them at their hometown show in Oakland later in November lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah i saw them at that beach festival and it was so bad,,,,,,,,,and then still bought tickets for the anaheim show because im a fucking idiot and hunny is on the tour

12. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Is that the weird thing he does when he goes bow legged while singing and basically cranes his neck up at the microphone for no reason? Because I hate it

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The songs are there and they’re so good... I just wish Parker came off a little more passionate/energetic/anything really than standing with his arms behind his back for a 40-60 minute set

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

it sounds like he definitely 'went through some shit' in between records and if this is how his stage presence is now, and its his truth then i guess its,,,,,ok but it feels so put on and like a joke/him wanting to be in Oasis

15. btr

Trusted Supporter

He made a comment regarding people complaining about his stage presence by saying something like, be happy we're playing shows

16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah so /shrug

17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It bothered me at first but it doesn't really anymore

19. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

What did he go through

20. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Pretty sure he stands still because he runs out of breath and has trouble singing when he’s moving around. Dude’s got Pectus excavatum (sunken chest) which can cause respiratory issues.

vidiviciveni and mattylikesfilms like this.
  21. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

22. All I know is every single time I saw them before Proper Dose, the dude paraded freely around stage and was unable to sing anything more than like every fourth line. When I saw them last fall he stood still and actually performed the songs, lol. I’d take the latter any day.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh damn - didn’t know that. Well if it’s the only way for him to perform then it’s the only way for him to perform.

24. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I don’t think it’s that he can’t perform moving, but almost positive I saw an interview where he mentioned he’s a lot better singing when he stays still. I mean the dude also smokes/ed a bunch of pot and drank lots of cough syrup which probably isn’t too good for vocal performances either.

25. TDenverFan

Regular

Still, I feel like the whole band just stands around and looks bored, not just Parker. To me, it makes the show less enjoyable.