Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - Proper Dose (September 21st, 2018) Album • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

WYDS has their highest highs as far as their pop punk sound (The Glass, Empty Space, All Wrong, Bad Luck, Things I Can't Change) but it takes a minute to get going, and it doesn't end strong.

FTank likes this.
  2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think the last two songs are fantastic honestly haha. My least favourite bit is All Wrong and Bad Luck (which I still love, just not as much).

3. CAC3

Dog

I liked Under Soil and Dirt, but have never really connected with anything this band has released since.

I happened to see they had a new album in apple music and decided to give it a listen...... what a pleasant surprise. After one listen all the way through, I already love this. Can't wait to dig deeper.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to this a ton over the weekend. Every time "Line" starts I hear Closer by Chainsmokers though lol

beachdude, astereo and ECV like this.
  5. David Smith

Thought the exact same thing lol. Almost every song on this record is about Parker’s addiction to prescription cough syrup. After reading the Kerrang article, reading all the lyrics and with Mac Miller’s death fresh on my mind, I’m glad he got help and stuck with music. Seems like they almost disbanded because of him. Fortunately he had good company around.

6. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Everytime I see this band release a new record, I can't get invested because the rest of the band matures while the vocalist decides to use the same vocal melodies and rhythyms that they've been using for the last 3 releases.

7. Micah511

- a guy that didn't get more than 3 songs into the record.

beachdude and FTank like this.
  8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

yeah, his melodies are repetitive, but this record is great. their best in a while

9. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

If you were waiting for the record where this band FINALLY tries something new and changes it up (not ENTIRELY but more than they have ever even tried to in the past), this is it.

beachdude and Mrplum5089 like this.
  10. Snoblin

I turn off a lot of records before I get 3 songs into them because they aren't interesting enough to keep my attention.

Sorry, I suck, but I was born this way and there's nothing I can do about it.

11. Micah511

The first 3 songs on this don't stray too far from their formula, other than lyrical content. The rest of the album is much more varied.

12. Snoblin

Can you make a recommendation off the album? I typically get pulled in by energetic tracks.

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The first 3 songs on the album are energetic. Did you listen to any of the album?

beachdude, astereo and tommyboy182 like this.
  14. Micah511

If I Fall is my favorite of the high energy songs. Upside Down is really different for them. Slower, softer, but I like it a lot. Growing on You is another slow one. the 1-2 punch in the beginning brings some good energy that they are known for.

15. Snoblin

See earlier post. Though I'll admit I didn't give the album a full listen through, I heard Out of It and Let it Go when they were released as singles and thought they sounded same-y.

Then my release radar on spotify recommended me Light Year which left the same impression. You can criticize me for this, but if I've already sampled more than 25% of a data set and I see a trend, I'm going to form an opinion.

I'm going to give If I Fall a chance cause I like Micah.

Micah511 likes this.
  16. tommyboy182

Super Duper Ultra Newbie

I think his vocal melodies sound similar maybe, but they are not exactly the same... And this does not mean the songs/album is inferior to the past albums. It is an amazing record IMO

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  17. Snoblin

If I fall is a banger.

18. Snoblin

No not at all. I just feel like the other members of the band have shown a lot more growth in terms of musicality and willingness to push themselves to write notably different things.

Parker's biggest improvement has been through his lyricism. (Which, when I revisited US&D, I'm glad this is where he has improved the most)

19. Snoblin

Line is also a banger

beachdude and astereo like this.
  20. Snoblin

Growing on you has officially convinced me to give the whole album a chance.

Why didn't they use more of these as singles??

21. Micah511

They released Take Me As You Please and Upside Down as singles.

22. Snoblin

I know. But I never gave em a chance because of the first two.

Again, I suck, but I can't control it.

23. Micah511

Ha, it's all good. Glad you're enjoying it now.

Snoblin likes this.
  24. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i think the first 3 tracks are the best on here

Micah511 likes this.
  25. Micah511

+ Upside Down, If I Fall, and Growing On You

beachdude and johnnyferris like this.