Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - Proper Dose (September 21st, 2018) Album • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Let It Go and Keep This Up are my faves.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

best song on the album i think

Nate_Johnson and Micah511 like this.
  4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This album has some real top quality old school TSSF songs and some really great new sounds for them, and yet it really doesn't sound disjointed AT ALL.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

My favorite songs on this record keep changing but as of right now it's "If I Fall" and "Light Year".

The guitar solo towards the end of "If I Fall" always gets me.

Micah511 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Upside Down is going to be a major sing-a-long at shows and I’m excited for it

7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

goddamn I was completely ready to trash this thing but I've gotta say its easily their best work and its probably not even close. I do feel like this should have been their third album, but some bands just take forever to grow. I think the single choices for it were very bad, but as a whole it completely works. Stunning album.

8. Jackbo487

Regular

Was this filmed somewhere in the Bay Area, where TSSF is from? Definitely looks like it from what I can tell

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Line just grooves

astereo likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My only gripe is that Pure Noise have sent me the wrong bundle which is annoying but not their fault!

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  11. Syre Dream

Regular

This is so good, and very unexpected

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It looks like it was shot in pleasant hill where I grew up (I grew up in the same groups as these dudes between Walnut Creek/PH) but this was actually shot in LA. I asked the same thing to my dude cause it looks like this park area my folks live behind in the east bay.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah Sam Pura (producer) wasn’t joking when he said the singles did not properly represent the album at all.

I feel like the singles should have been the title track and Upside Down. Maybe Let it Go as the final single right before the release date.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  14. Artdmg

Onward, progress, or so it seems Supporter

This album blew me away. Didn't really connect with Self Titled a few years ago but this one was pretty damn instant.

15. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

This is such a great "goodbye summer" album.

16. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I'm convinced that the singles released were solely to try and get some appeal to outlets and critics outside the pop punk realm.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yep this is great.

I was about to start listings favorite songs then realized I’d just be listing most of the tracklist so

18. My favorites since the jump have been Upside Down and Growing On You but at the moment I can't get over the chorus of If I Fall. I think that song really has something to say and underscores just how much mature/great this band can be when every song isn't about getting angry at women.

beachdude and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  19. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Growing on You definitely caught me off guard

ECV likes this.
  20. This shit rules

21. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

I'm the opposite. We're just at the beginning of Spring in NZ and this album is perfect for it.

22. David Smith

This is easily the best TSSF album. They still stick to their roots, but sound so grown up on this record. Parker has some deep lyrics on here too. Gonna be on repeat for a minute.

23. David Smith

Also really dig the new mix for Out of It

24. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I fully admit my love of USAD is mostly nostalgic, this is really close though and may be my fav in time. Time to buy some tour tickets

JaytotheGee and Allpwrtoslaves like this.
  25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I like all their albums but this is great.

USAD - 9
    WYDS - 10
    S/T - 8
    Proper Dose -9

Honestly, I really love that they have maintained a familiar sound yet REALLY matured. So many bands could learn from this.

Nate_Johnson likes this.