Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - Proper Dose (September 21st, 2018) Album • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Sep 13, 2017.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Listened to this record this morning. I'm loving it so far. New version of Out Of It caught me off guard haha

astereo likes this.
  2. btr

Trusted Supporter

This record is phenomenal. Glad these guys didn’t call it quits.

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

After close to a week of listening I have to say that Growing On You is still my favorite song on the album.

astereo likes this.
  4. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

This album is fantastic.

astereo and Chcurry182 like this.
  5. After one listen, this is the most I’ve liked a TSSF album since Under Soil and Dirt. Need to give this more spins for sure.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly think their second is still my favourite, but this is fantastic. I've honestly liked everything they have done though.

I do think these songs will sound a little more energetic and like classic TSSF live though as I think it's mostly the production that has changed the sound.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Can we talk about how unbelievable Upside Down is?

8. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Upside Down has been my jam for the last month.

astereo, DrAlanGrant and Nate_Johnson like this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Second listen:

On to If I Fall and I genuinely this album is fucking brilliant. They don't ever do wrong on record for me. I hope this new enthusiasm translates to the live show.

DeRRek, astereo and Chcurry182 like this.
  10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

There is not a bad song on the whole album. Take Me As You Please is almost shoe gaze.

astereo likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Tbh, I won’t listen to their previous albums much now that this is out. If I’m in the mood for TSSF this will be the album I go to.

12. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Upside Down makes me feel things, but the best moment on this record is "Bet if you keep this up, you'll die here all alone, yet you still fill your cup, nodding off, nodding off now".

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Glad everyone's enjoying this. Fantastic album.

14. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Could not agree more with this statement.
    As an opioid addict myself, this is my favorite moment of the record that really speaks to me.

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  15. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

This is exactly what I wanted from this band. They lost me after S/T and I haven’t really gone back and listened to them much since, but every single song on this album is perfect. Now do an entire album like Take Me As You Please

beachdude, astereo and Nate_Johnson like this.
  16. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Echoing the positive praise for this. I always need a few listens of TSSF albums to really warm up to them, but this one did feel a bit more immediate. I see myself keeping this in rotation for a while. I think one of the best parts for me is the change in lyrical content. This is a far less angry/angsty album than their others.

17. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

kinda cool/interesting them and joyce manor both released albums that see them taking a big step out of the water on the same day.

beachdude, solxace and Nate_Johnson like this.
  18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

It is bad I want it to be longer!? Haha!

19. Micah511

Perfect length. I don't want a pop-punk type album pushing 40 minutes.

20. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I've been really turned off by this band over the past few years as I've grown older (and because of the drama surrounding Parker). Pleasantly surprised at how good this is. Glad to see they grew beyond writing angry pop-punk songs about girls.

21. Micah511

I'm really glad the band took some time off to really look in the mirror and think about what they wanted their next move to be instead of churning out another album that could've done just fine.

beachdude and solxace like this.
  22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I always liked their second album the most out of their first three because the lyrics were still angry, but it was directed at himself most of the time. I was disappointed when the third album was lyrically just USAD 2.0. The lyrics on this are a step above that though, such a step up from Parker lyrically.

beachdude, JBoch and Nate_Johnson like this.
  23. Micah511

DeRRek, beachdude, solxace and 5 others like this.
  24. Micah511

I think Upside Down is easily the best song on an awesome album, and it seems like they agree. Released it as the second single and made a video for it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  25. Micah511

If I Fall is old school TSSF executed at the highest level. I love it so much. That lead guitar into the bridge is incredible.