Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - I Want To Disappear (June 21, 2024) • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chcurry182, Mar 21, 2024.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I didn’t realise he has a heart condition?

2. btr

Trusted Supporter

Who doesn't enjoy going to work and doing as little as possible

Paulms85 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah he’s a heartless, spineless dork employing a rapist in his other band

Carrow and Aaron Mook like this.
  4. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Meant to type “health condition” but he does have some sort of heart/chest related condition that can affect him and how he performs live

5. You can totally just say this without trivializing a health condition by the way

Paulms85 likes this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

You’ll draw the line at my comment about an ambiguous “heart condition” (that I can’t find any source for) vs him employing a rapist?

CarpetElf, Wharf Rat and Aaron Mook like this.
  7. Some people separate the artist from the art. No one here is wrong or a bad person for that, nor are you wrong if you personally cannot do that. Did I make a post condoning his actions? No I did not, so don't put words in my mouth.

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The dude is on record saying he stands like that because he likes Oasis so much lol.

Get out of here with your pearl clutching. He’s enabling a rapist, allowing that person to achieve money and power in the same exact context that he abused the power, and no one gives a shit. Just say you don’t care and are willing to feed him more money and ignore my posts like 90% of the thread.

CarpetElf and Aaron Mook like this.
  9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I think you are in the wrong for giving this band money in the form of record sales or seeing them in concert or buying merch. Black and white situation for me.

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. Sorry guys I can't listen to The Story So Far anymore cause some guy on an internet forum says I'm a bad person for doing so

11. You literally also have the option to ignore the whole thread but go off I guess

12. ScubaSteve182

Regular

Oh no! Anyway....

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I would prefer to disrupt when given the opportunity

CarpetElf and Wharf Rat like this.
  14. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

No one is looking forward to this album more than OhTheWater

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

For those who have listened to the album, do we get anything similar to Upside Down?

Paulms85 likes this.
  16. Can you PM me a list of bands I am allowed to listen to please?

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I am not throwing around words like “bad person”. That’s silly. I’m also not saying you can’t listen to them. I am saying that giving this band your money is wrong because the lead singer knowingly employs a rapist. You can do with that what you will.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’d say use your own moral code, but defending rapists and the people that give them a platform is not a good look.

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

This is so fucking annoying lol welcome to the block list spo

Paulms85 likes this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Going around yelling at people for listening to certain bands is literally brain dead behavior lol get a fucking grip

Paulms85 and FTank like this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

It’s so funny what people choose to give a pass too I’ll never forget seeing someone come into this thread pearl clutching over people daring to “give them a pass” on the same day I saw them praising a Kendrick Lamar album with an actual fucking rapist on it. Talk about giving a pass. I take none of you seriously that go around doing this shit. But you all make this website absolutely miserable to use normal people don’t go around reminding everyone of how bad someone is every time they’re mentioned

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

That is not what I’m doing, and both of you have interacted with me enough to know it.

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Blocked member says what

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  24. Nah it's definitely weird behavior to repeatedly post in a thread specifically discussing an artist who you have issues with supporting and then be like "just ignore me bro" the second anyone has an issue with it. Like, you can't just tell a group of people they suck for liking something and not expect any backlash. Clearly anyone still posting in here would have made their mind up a while ago. It just feels like you post it as a way to virtue signal and prop yourself up, or maybe you literally just want to pick fights, but it's lame and weird.

Mike Billy and ClarkGriswold like this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

The same group of people have been going around doing this for years it’s insane grown men with jobs take the time to yell at strangers on the internet for listening to certain music lol it’s fucking embarrassing