Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - I Want To Disappear (June 21, 2024) • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chcurry182, Mar 21, 2024.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I really want this album. It’s so close yet so far away.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

heh i dont mind either way but given how much time has passed since the last one and we still have a couple weeks id put money on one more

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Chcurry182, sophos34 and justin. like this.
  4. CAC3

Dog

JamesMichael likes this.
  5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

No. He just put the parka on and everyone associates that with Britpop.

ARX39, Indigo, Crisp X and 6 others like this.
  6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Visually, Parker was / still is a straight up Liam rip off but I agree with Proper Dose not sounding like Britpop.

ARX39 likes this.
  7. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

That Mark Hoppus story is awesome

mattylikesfilms and drewinseries like this.
  8. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

RS story is behind a paywall - can anyone share it?

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really? It’s working fine for me. I can always just copy and paste what it says - the article isn’t that long.

Edit: it’s actually longer than I remember - try it on mobile and/or an incognito window and if it’s still paywalled - I’ll just dm you the write up

Paulms85 and arewehavingfunyet like this.
  10. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Incognito window worked, thanks!

mattylikesfilms and sophos34 like this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Pop punk bands having a totally unnecessary third guitar player, a tale as old as time

seimagery and mattylikesfilms like this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

That chorus sounds fantastic

14. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I feel like this album has been trying to come out all month. Like a hurry up and wait scenario for me mentally. Very excited to hear this full thing.

cosmickid likes this.
  15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I know Parker’s standing still in front of the mic has been discussed to death, but it’s weird how he didn’t do that for No Pressure

16. drewinseries

Drew

from my understanding their recording and writing drummer, the third guitarist, cant play drums live much due to a previous injury and surgery, so swaps between guitar and keys.

Micah511 likes this.
  17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah and I appreciate keeping him in the live lineup in a way he can perform comfortably. It's just funny, because I see it more in pop-punk, than in more... technical types of music.

drewinseries likes this.
  18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

It’s also funny the other guitarist is the dude from Man Overboard, someone undoubtably worse at singing than Parker

sophos34 and Paulms85 like this.
  19. I am always pro extra guitar player. It thickens the sound. Not to mention Ryan switches to keys for some songs.

20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Nah it ain’t unnecessary if they’re in lock with each other it sounds good and full i love when bands add extra players live like jimmy eat world has their touring guitarist and keyboardist and their songs are all elevated because of his presence

21. Also, FWIW I see a lot of discourse about how "boring" this band is live and I genuinely don't get it. They're genuinely one of my favorite live bands just because of how tight they are as musicians. I don't know that seeing them jump around and stuff would really improve that experience much more.

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

I get what you’re saying, but it’s always just been weird to me seeing a band play largely high energy songs just stand mostly still and look bored

elphshelf likes this.
  23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

They were really good when I saw them in 2019 at the warped tour fest in Atlantic City

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They were awesome last night

sophos34 likes this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

slay