Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - I Want To Disappear (June 21, 2024) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chcurry182, Mar 21, 2024.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

it’s been stuck in my head all day.

JamesMichael likes this.
  4. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

IMG_6281.png
    Apple Music has it listed as 28 minutes.

twisterman2006 likes this.
  6. btr

Trusted Supporter

Proper Dose was 34 mins with an extra track. Basically the same thing

j0nnymarrzbar likes this.
  7. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Well I liked none of their music before Proper Dose and was really hoping for an evolution of that sound in the follow-up. If that's not the case, then my time as a fan of this band's music will end up being the shortest of any artist I've followed.

*Yes I think Parker is shitty for giving that asshole a platform and the only dime this band has ever gotten me was for Proper Dose on vinyl years ago. Not another cent, regardless of music quality.

Indigo likes this.
  8. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Bought their vinyl discography bundle while preordering this one. I can't believe it's been so long since Proper Dose came out.

9. mynamesgeneric

Regular

I give all of those bands a pass because I like their music and don't marry that with who they're friends with. I find I can enjoy a lot more music this way.

Paulms85 likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

He’s in a band with him? He brings him out on tour? He’s very clearly the only reason anyone listens to the band

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Not that it’s a competition of who’s shittier but the site seems to be completely unphased by Ezra from Vampire Weekend being an actual rapist not just being buddies with one

This is always gonna be messy and pick and choose

I mean I really need to change my Weezer avatar

Paulms85 likes this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Right now it’s just Aaron and I saying anything, and I think both of us can safely say fuck that dude too.

Minimizing it as being “buddies” as opposed to making music and touring with is intentional, correct? Parker would have the popularity regardless of the drummer he picked for his side project. HC would not have the platform he does without the support of Parker (to say nothing of his other “buddies”).

13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

To be clear I wasn’t defending Parker/hc at all just saying it’s very weird how the overall community picks and chooses

14. Speaking for myself only, you won’t find me posting about VW guy bc that’s just simply not a person or band I think about, ever. But as a poster that has spoken my piece on Parker multiple times on this site, it’s definitely still fuck the VW guy

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Holy shit, Ezra?! Is that something that recently came to light?

16. manoverboard365 likes this.
  17. Ricky's Law Apr 2, 2024
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2024)
    Ricky's Law

This is a damn fine cup of coffee.

Bummer. I wanted to see them explore that "Letterman" sound a bit more. Song grew on me fast. And the video answers the question of what if the "Wonderwall" video had the wardrobe of the "D'You Know What I Mean?" video?

18. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

20. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Well a producer dictating those terms doesn't seem realistic, so I'm guessing that convo is dead.

21. I know Sam is in here and I also am not rooting for this band in any capacity (Parker really seems to suck) but yeah, that's an insane ask lol

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Sam can one of your demands be to fire the rapist in the other band

23. CAC3

Dog

I love Letterman. Kind of disappointing to hear that its an outlier and they are going back to their older sound.

drewinseries likes this.
  24. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I honestly just really wanted more in the vein of Proper Dose but Letterman has grown on me.

macbethfan likes this.
  25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I love Letterman personally.