Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - I Want To Disappear (June 21, 2024) • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chcurry182, Mar 21, 2024.

1. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

FloatUpstream likes this.
  2. FloatUpstream

Regular

3. sleon.518

idk man

Another thing I don't know if anyone's talked about yet is the album cover because it's not doing it for me at ALL

T E A L likes this.
  4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Someone already got it tattooed

5. mattylikesfilms Jun 24, 2024
    (Last edited: Jun 24, 2024)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

By that guy Buddy Love in San Diego right? I thought it looked mid but I also think that tattoo artist’s traditional work is underwhelming every time he pops up in my feed lol

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I personally love the album cover. It’s my favorite cover of theirs to date.

almightykingdom likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

brentkid and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I mean, I’m definitely not a giant TSSF fan outside of Proper Dose, which is one of the best pop punk album of the last 10 years…

But I can say this new one is by far their second best album.

CAC3 likes this.
  9. SamLevi11

Prestigious Prestigious

I’d put it third, behind Proper Dose and WYDS. Both of them are basically without skips for me, whereas this definitely has one or two I’m not mad for.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Proper Dose
    I Want To Disappear
    Under Soil and Dirt
    What You Don't See
    Self Titled

11. Not sure of if it’s nostalgia from listening to them a lot when I was younger but I’ve been listening to this all day lmao

12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i've listened to this a fuck ton since it came out. once i accepted that this band will likely never reach the heights they did on PD, it's a fun summer by the numbers TSSF record.

CAC3, Badtasteinmusic and stvvvn like this.
  13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

My ranking is gonna make yall mad at me

proper dose
    Disappear
    Self titled
    What you don’t see
    Soil and dirt

tylerwfy and ChampsMusic like this.
  14. ClarkGriswold

Regular

New record is good. “And all those times are crystal clear. It feels so safe to disappear” in the first verse of Keep You Around is currently my favorite moment of this album. Watch You Go is classic TSSF. You’re Still In My Way sounds like it could have been from Under Soil and Dirt.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This is a solid #2 for me at this point, I don’t think they can do this sound any better though so I hope they branch out again next time around

16. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Saw them live tonight and enjoyed it very much. I think I’m just a sucker for them though. Parker did stand in front of the mic the whole time.

17. MRose24

Regular

You’re Still in My Way is such a banger.

18. popdisaster00 Jun 26, 2024
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2024)
    Ready to get torched for this take but everything they’ve done after What You Don’t See is boring. The new album is a bore and the production doesn’t work, just like the last two records. Don’t quote me!

19. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

they are boring live thats for sure, the crowd goes more nuts then they do, they just stand around. ive never seen them jump or do anything other than stand, i wouldn't call proper dose boring though..

20. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Proper Dose is their best album and it’s not even close :shrug:

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think USAD sounds like it was recorded in a garage. Not a huge fan. Self Titled has a lot of good ideas and melodies, but the song structures don’t support them.

Proper Dose caught me by surprise. It might be the only pop punk album released after 2010 that I’ve revisited more than a few times

ChampsMusic likes this.
  22. ClarkGriswold

Regular

Listened through all the albums the last 2 days and never realized how much of a maniac Ryan is on the drums.

23. CAC3

Dog

Proper Dose is miles ahead of their other stuff in my opinion, but this is my second favorite.

24. dorfmac

Trusted

To me it’s the only album that doesn’t sound the same

25. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I actually think the last three songs on this are maybe the strongest on the album? I still hate the production / mixing on this. Some songs sound better than others but yeah...

Curious on what your thoughts are on this @bradsonemanband given we both loved Proper Dose.