Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - I Want To Disappear (June 21, 2024) • Page 27

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chcurry182, Mar 21, 2024.

1. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

This album is great. My only gripe is that it ends right after it starts it seems. 28 mins long is an EP in some cases.

I dig it though! Seeing them on Tuesday so I’ll have to spin this enough to sing along in the crowd.

2. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

3. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

It's so weird seeing a Parker Cannon interview in GQ of all places.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

He’s alive!

Proper Dose should be right up your alley.

5. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

FYS also pretty aggressively defended JJR. And I think Fireworks also defended and continued to work with JJR IIRC

Aaron Mook and Jason Tate like this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

That is correct. And Transit. And State Champs

and at least part of TWY

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. michael_gatto

Trusted

And which part of TWY is that? They fired him almost immediately and stopped working with him altogether.

youll be fine likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The members that were posting pictures with him on their social media repeatedly in the years following the situation? The ones that didnt want to “burn the bridge” with him, which is a direct quote PMed to me by a member as an explanation for why they never came out with a statement

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. michael_gatto

Trusted

So if I got this right in their personal life they posted pictures with JJR. But haven't worked with him in a professional setting. Also IIRC it was ONE member.

10. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

It’s kinda remarkable one dude could be so interwoven across a genre of music. Woulda been cool if it was someone with a shred of integrity.

11. Some y'all pick the weirdest knots to tie yourselves in over defending associating with a guy that lied to my face, TO MY FACE, to try and cover up sexual assault. I find this such a strange thing to need to do on a Friday night. Argue semantics over the level to which bands continued to pall around with a guy that showed no remorse for, let me say it one more time: LIED TO MY FACE TO COVER UP SEXUAL ASSAULT.

I don't care who listens to this album, I probably even will at some point, but I can't fathom what compels the need to do this again and again.

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

What point are you trying to make if you know exactly what I am talking about? You might also recall the 500 burner accounts that came into the threads to talk about how JJR is still boys with the band and they laugh about any attempt to get rid of him.

I’ve been down this road 5000 times before. It is good that they fired him (or quietly let him go or whatever happened). It is bad that there was no statement whatsoever about him throwing their name around as weight in an attempt to silence a survivor and the people speaking up for her. It’s also bad that publicly multiple (not one) members of the band were posting pictures with him during and after the situation. When it got called out on here (or AP?) it was immediately deleted.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

TWY and FYS and Transit and Fireworks are at the very least complicit in allowing both JJR and HC to have the positions they do in the scene. At the very worst, they used their clout to do exactly what JJR said they would do: muscle people who spoke out into silence by not booking them in their cities

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Here is Christian’s account that he posted in 2020 re: HC

Aaron Mook and MidDave like this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wait @youll be fine I take it by your likes that you’re a JJR guy??? That’s your weird one sided beef with me lol? That’s crazier than the valid reason of being mad at my pop culture taste. Are you gonna Mark David Chapman me over this? I’ll go to a TSSF show if you stop

Wharf Rat likes this.
  16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I don’t understand half of this. And I’m absolutely not a “JJR guy”. He’s a horrible person. The mark David Chapman thing is really weird to say

michael_gatto likes this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Thought I cracked the code. Alright, back to just being a weird guy

18. michael_gatto

Trusted

I'm not a JJR guy by any means. Dude can burn in hell for all I care. Just know that the TWY dudes 100% don't hang out with him anymore so it's weird to drag them into it.

I am a @youll be fine guy. Dude is the best.

Carrow and youll be fine like this.
  19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Let’s start fresh. A new leaf

20. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

The only nice thing I’ll say about JJR is that years ago I traded him a beat up copy of a Sega Genesis game for a guest list spot at a sold out TWY show.

21. michael_gatto

Trusted

JJR sucks. Harry sucks. No Pressure & Regulate suck.

ScubaSteve182 and David- like this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

That’s dope, good for them. They were silent when it would have made a difference, and they were silent because members of the band still supported him. I will hold that grudge forever

Aaron Mook, David- and youll be fine like this.
  23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I didn’t know there was a leaf to begin with! That’s why I made the Mark David Chapman joke

24. David-

Trusted

I think it's best to just assume most of the straight white guys in the scene suck shit

25. David-

Trusted

Even the ones that call other problematic people out there's one that they'll defend. Simple Plan kicked their bass player out but are still super cool with ATL. They'll all always cover for their homies.